Welcome to the forum

Saturday 22nd August 9.30am club ride

edited August 2015 in Club runs
Looks like it might be a scorcher tomorrow

Continuing on with the round the compass theme (if you hadn't noticed), its east tomorrow with a version of the 'mini egg' route

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/827365297

Ashwell-Sandon-buntingford-Wydial-Anstey-Clavering-Newport-Wembo-Chishill-Therfield-Ashwell

44miles

See ya in the morning, don't forget your sunnies !!

Comments

• Pre-ride espresso at Rhubarb & Mustard too!
  • Oh and as we all know I'm a bit sketchy with directions around the Anstey/Measden/Langley 'bermuda triangle' can somebody upload the route to their garmin......

Ta
  • edited August 2015
    Cheers David for the route and weather, it was a hot one! Sorry my for my wobble!
    And thanks to Tim for co-navigating!
  • Twelve of us out yesterday for a ride through the furnace like lanes of Essex. Boy was it hot out there !

Big thanks to Tim for safely steering us through the mysterious 'Anstey triangle' - I'm sure all the lanes over there look the same!

Two highlights were the excellent rolling road from Buntingford to Wydial which I don't think we have ridden before and being raced Tour de France stylie by a horse rider in field as we powered up Lincoln hill near Anstey. Obviously the men (and lady) on wheels won :)

Oh and no idea what was in the R&M expresso but it seemed to adversely affect PeteTs steering !!

Thanks all for a great morning. Anybody get the final ride stats?
  • Hi David,
    Final stats according to the Garmin: from Ashwell back to Baldock was 48.5 miles in 2hrs 52 moving time, so an average speed of 16.9mph.

Elevation was 2,600ft, liquid replenishment was 2.4 litres of water, 600ml of Protein shake, 2 large mugs of coffee then a 1.5 litre bottle of sparking water to finish off.

Thanks for the ride, looks like we made good use of the best of the weather for the week.