Welcome to the forum

How to overtake cyclists

edited August 2015 in General
Here's a reminder to drivers and cyclists of what's expected of them by the Highway Code ... and it's all delivered in that friendly and utterly sensible style of Chris Boardman

How to overtake cyclists (3mins)

Tweet it, share it, email it or whatever you have to do to spread the word

Comments

• Yes, i was talking to Andrew R about this video at the weekend. A very smart and level headed bloke is Chris Boardman. Lets hope the message gets to those that need educating.
  • VicVic
    edited August 2015
    Good video as is the other one they made on riding two abreast.

I hope that they reach plenty of non-cycling motorists.

Side by side
  • the problem is always that to ride two up the riders need to be disciplined. Drove behind a club ride up here ...not a race or an event....and they were three and four abreast. Even two up they took the entire lane. Didn't bother me but I know a non cyclist would have been irate and possibly abusive. Even our club doesn't universally ride a tight two up and that's what really causes most frustration. Close passing like the prat fall angry guy video (lol) is also very common and inexcusable, but they might just be hissed at the other times trying to pass a group.
    Agree about Boardman video, but he should make it using normal club riders across the road and try and make his point...don't think it would come across so well, do you?