Welcome to the forum

CCA Autumn Grass Track open, 12th September

edited September 2015 in Grass Track

The Autumn grass track is scheduled for Saturday the 12th racing starting at 1.00. This was great last year with fab weather and very well supported.

Not sure if its the uninspiring weather but Max tells me he is very low on numbers. If you are planning to ride can you let Max know or post here. The date for postal entries has closed but there will be entry on the line

Comments

• NB: the BC website is mistaken in listing the event as youth only. Tim knows best. BC's error might explain the sparse entries.
  • As there are very few Senior/Junior entries then this might be a chance for a few novice grass track riders to have a go at a relaxed/low key event.

Subject to limited numbers you can borrow a club bike, take your own pedals.
  • Yes, looks like we have had a flurry of late entries so will be going ahead with races in all categories. Yes, there was an error on the BC website and i think in the handbook.

Would be good to have a parents race too, anyone welcome, we have bikes as Mark says.

See you there.
  • Wilf will be there. Parents race sounds good!
  • Just to clarify - the CCA grass track racing tomorrow (at Small Gains) starts at 2pm. Sign on from 1pm. In addition to the track events there are Go-Ride races for younger riders on free-wheel (normal) bikes. Entries are available on the day so please come along and have a go.

Any baking fans, it would be great if you could bring along some cakes.

It would be great to see a good turnout of CCA riders. For the kids, it's a great opportunity to put into practice what they've been learning over the summer. Senior riders very welcome too, as Tim mentioned.
  • Thanks for the clarification Lindsey. Weather looks like it might even be warm!
    Track is in fine shape and ready for action....

• I could make it but my daughter ELLIE raced and loved it. Thanks to all who put the event on. Ellie was so chuffed to receive a pair of Victoria Pendletons arm warmers as a prize.
  • Our heartfelt thanks to Sally, Tim, Mark and all the other coaches for all their time and effort put into developing the youth riders - roll on cyclocross!
  • Thanks Mitchy. Ellie was absolutely flying! looked like she had been riding track for years.

A really lovely afternoon and the weather was very kind to us. Huge thanks to Max and Sandra as always. Thanks to Lindsey for judging, Sallie for the go ride and Mrs Nathan for looking after the tea and cake stall and everyone else who helped out, pushed off, took down etc.

Sorry about the intermittent commentry, problems with the mic. If anyone has any good pics please post them up.
  • edited September 2015
    If anyone has some results, I'll add them to my report tomorrow.

First time for me down at the grass track, very impressed I must say. My lad is definitely up for the go ride next season - Just needs to learn how to ride a pedal bike first! (Apologies for the over enthusiastic honking!)

Some of the pics I took....

• Thanks for the pics Matt….results below

Results of Ashwell Autumn Grasstrack Meeting, 12th September 2015

Senior Omnium
    1st Mitch Powell Team Terminator
    2nd Bryn Davis Oxford University CC
    3rd Iain Foulkes CC Ashwell
    4th David Hadsley CC Ashwell
    5th David Doddsworth Maldon & District CC
    6th Tim Duckett CC Ashwell
    7th Richard Lawrence CC Ashwell

Under 10 Omnium
    1st Joseph Hadslet CC Ashwell
    2nd Evan Foulkes CC Ashwell
    3rd Iestyn Hill CC Ashwell
    4th Ethan Storti CC Ashwell
    5th Alistair Oppen CC Ashwell
    6th William Murray CC Ashwell
    7th Tom Formstone CC Ashwell
    8th Hector Duckett CC Ashwell
    9th Maisie Ross CC Ashwell
    10th Zac Reed CC Ashwell

Under 12 Omnium
    1st Archie Foulkes CC Ashwell
    2nd Nathan Hardy CC Ashwell
    3rd Sam Daniels CC Ashwell
    4th Wilf Bates CC Ashwell
    5th Izzy Reed CC Ashwell
    6th Alphie Duckett CC Ashwell

Under 14 Omnium
    1st Harley Pell CC Ashwell
    2nd Josh Murad EHF Velopro
    3rd Ellie May Pledger Colchester Rovers CC
    4th Daniel Ward CC Ashwell

Under 16 Omnium
    1st Travis Pell CC Ashwell
    2nd Laurence Lisher Green Arrows CC
    3rd Gareth Lewis CC Ashwell
    4th Josh Deutsch CC Ashwell

Under 8 Omnium
    1st Finlay Bracewell CC Ashwell
    2nd Matthew Dodsworth Maldon & District
    3rd Erica Dodsworth Maldon & District
    4th Ellie Mitchinson CC Ashwell
  • Well done to everyone who raced, it was a great afternoon.

I feel I'd better point out (being a completely unbiased co-judge) that in the U12 omnium it was actually Nathan who was awarded first place, Archie 2nd. They were joint first on points so overall results were given based on placings in the 1 lap sprint. Wilf and Sam were 3rd equal on points as well, same process to decide the places.

Also, Ellie Mitchinson fell foul of Max's slightly over-zealous handicapping system. She was actually second in the scratch
    races. She rode really well.

Lindsey
  • Nice aerial shot of the grassodrome....credits to Chris Frazer Smith.

• V smart

Even the cars are in CCA colours. It just needs a big CCA logo mowed into the middle and then we'd really be on the map!