Welcome to the forum

CCA Cyclocross Race @ Helena College Sat 17 Oct... help/race!

The cyclocross season is finally underway and our CCA mud racers are all primed and ready to compete in the Eastern League. This year we are promoting a race at a new venue; Princess Helena College in Preston on October 17th. This promises to be a great event.

For this to happen we need plenty of people to volunteer and with enough it will be the runnaway sucess it deserves to be. We need all sort of help:
- Course builders
- Judges (sitting down)
- Marshals
- Catering (inside and warm!)
- Sign on team (also inside and warm)
- Take down team

If you are a league member you will get average points for volunteering, if you don't race. However for most tasks it should be possible to volunteer and race.

So I call on all club members to offer to lend a hand for this key event in the Eastern League Cyclocross calendar.

Saturday October 17th. Can you help? Please let me, or Mark Wyer know.

Thanks. Daniel

Comments

• Thanks Daniel, really looking forward to this. Sounds really exciting. Put me down for whatever you need, would love to race as well if possible but understand if that is difficult.

Im also available on the Friday if needed.
  • Thanks Tim! We are hoping to do as much of the setup as possible on the Friday, so your offer is very welcome. Of course this would 'earn you enough Brownie points' to race on the day.
  • I'll be around to help where ever. Can also make Friday evening from 5pm.
    Sue has volunteered to bake some fruit cakes.
  • In my diary - happy inside or out on Saturday

Should be able to make Friday afternoon too
  • Judith says she is happy to take a stint signing on too
  • That's wonderful thank you everyone. Keep those offers coming!

Daniel
  • The Fields will be available as previously discussed
  • I'm free to help on Sat 17th. Happy to do whatever is needed.
  • Sorry, i have a working weekend now, i won't be able to assist, apologies.
  • Thanks to those who have already volunteered!

A few of us met with the school last Friday and I am getting more excited about this race. We have a great course featuring woodland, fields, off camber, a good run up, pave, a tarmac road sprint finish and maybe even a swamp! So it should be good. We are going to need a lot of marshals though.

And cake.

We will do the majority of the setup on Sunday October the 11th and then finish off the layout on the morning of the race, Saturday October 17th.

So if you have not yet volunteered, please do so. We especially need cake and marshals!

Thanks.

Daniel
  • Happy to help with the bingo DD

Would also like to ride this one as well so hoping for a part time role sir

Will bring cake too
  • No problem James. I suspect you'll be racing in the lads race (V40)?

Daniel
  • We could still do with a couple more volunteers to be marshals on this race. We are suggesting marshals cover either the morning or afternoon races (10.00-12.45 or 1.30-3.00). I have sent emails to those people who have already volunteered but if there is anyone else who can help please let me know.

Peter
  • Yes Daniel a lad I still be and will pay my league subs so as not to (hopefully) miss out as I imagine this will be oversubscribed.

BTW how have numbers been so far this year?
  • If it helps, i can go straight back to any duty for the seniors race and Mrs D has offered to help out with catering if needed.

James, the V40-49 race, or the "childrens race" as Daniel has sometimes called it has been full every round so far with no entries on the line.
  • Entries now open on the BC website!
  • Thanks to all who have volunteered. I'll post a rosta here during the week.

We could still use a few more helpers, so if you've not yet put your hand up please do so now!

Race entries are steadily coming in - let's make it a great day.
  • Hi everyone! I've thrown together a RACE PROGRAMME and put it on-line HERE Take a look!
  • Hi Daniel. My wife has said she'll bake some cakes. Ellies hoping to do her first cyclocross at this, and if I don't break my leg this Saturday at Stanborough then I'm hoping to race too, but if you can use me anywhere inbetween our races then let me know. I'm also off work on the Thursday and friday, so can help with any set up between about 10am and 2pm if any help?
  • Mitchy,
    That's brilliant, thank you for your offer of cake and help.

The setup will be done in two phases:
    1) Sunday October 11th, starting at 10:00 (however you are welcome to come along after the hill climb)
    2) Saturday October 17th, starting at 08:00

The above schedule means the school can run a race on the course for their pupils during next week: win-win.

Daniel
  • edited October 2015
    Thank you to all who have volunteered to help at the CCA Cyclocross race. We will do the set up in two phases:
    1) Sunday October 11th from 10:00. Those wishing to ride the hill climb are welcome to come after that: follow Tim!
    2) Saturday morning October 17th from 08:00

For those coming to the setup on Sunday we will be in the Woods (see map). Please report to me upon arrival so I can make a register of who is on site (private grounds). Likewise let me know when you are leaving. If travelling by car please park near the Arches (marked as HQ on our map).

For the marshalling we have split the day into two shifts, morning and afternoon. If you are on the morning shift please come to the set up. The more people we have the faster it will be and the sooner we can sit down and have a cup of tea! Likewise for the afternoon shift if you could help with the take down that will do it as swiftly as possible.

Details on how to get to Princess Helena College and the site map can be found HERE

For roles other than marshals I will post information here or be in touch directly by e-mail.

Peter Daniel's will be in contact with the marshals by e-mail with a few more details, but for now the rosta is shown below:

• edited October 2015
    I wIll be racing in the vets49ers and can do post race Marshall and take down
  • Just ridden the course for next week

.....I'm goin to need a bigger beard.....
  • I'm happy to help out however I can, both before and after cheering my son on in the U10s!
  • Thanks Andy. Find me or Peter Daniel's after your son's race.

We set the wooded section of the course up today; I have to say I am very pleased with how it turned out.
  • Great, thanks Phil. Looking forward to seeing you at more cross races.
  • Course preview here
  • Nothing to worry about there then....
  • Loving the bins bit! Somewhere to hide??
  • Ha, the bins won't be there and the fence will be down at that point. the ducks are being re homed too.

Looks real easy on the video i thought, i wish there was somewhere to hide!