Welcome to the forum

This weekend's racing

edited September 2015 in Road Racing
A good weekend for CCA again, featuring two riders in the top 3 at the stevenage CC 11.8 mile TT on the F14/12 course with only 9 seconds separating the 3 places. I finished fastest on the day with a 26:06, Henry Farrell of Endeavour Cycle Team 2nd with 26:08 and Luke Danckert in 3rd with 20:15 (still feeling last weeks 100 in his legs!).

This morning Shaftesbury CC ran their annual race out on the Roxwell circuit in Essex, a flatish and fast 75 mile regional A race, ending with an average speed just under 26mph. Pretty standard for this course, nothing really stuck till 2 strong time trialists got a gap half way in. George Fox and Luke Hattersley (in his first RR for 18 months) had around 30-40 seconds on the bunch for the rest of the race with Luke getting dropped only a couple of miles from the end and the bunch reeling him in. I attacked with about 2km to go and managed to hold the rest of them off for 2nd place behind George Fox who had had enough time to eject his breakfast next to his front wheel on the other side of the finish line. A testament to how hard he had to push himself to win! Very strong.

Tom Trimble and Neil Murphy finished in the bunch sprint (notoriously dodgy on this circuit, it's a flat finish) with Tom getting back into racing after a little break due to illness. Good to seem him getting round and looking pretty fresh (although the little black line on his right rapha sock was slightly off to the left, not so fresh).

Also a public apology to Tim Duckett for putting him off in the slowest lap race at grass track on Saturday. I'm sure he would have won it if I hadn't struck up a conversation with him whilst he was trying to track stand...

Comments

• Thanks for the roundup Will. A great result in the local TT and more great road race positions. Well done to all of you and great to see Tom T back in action.

Will, dont worry, id messed up the longest lap all by myself...useless.
  • Also in other recent news Cameron Wolsey (still CCA 2nd claim) won at the bowl last night to get his 1st cat. Lots of hard racing this season for Cam and some great results in his first season for Spirit Bikes. Chapeau!
  • And Luke smashed his way to 4th in the Army time trial earlier on in the week too, an excellent result in a tough field. Not to mention the fact that he did it with a seized front mech. Apparently 53-25 isn't much fun on a 25% hill...