Welcome to the forum

Velodrome 27th September, Final numbers, Bikes etc

edited September 2015 in General
I have not organised bike hire as a club this session so for those needing equipment hire then please arrange with the VeloPark on the day and pay them directly.

Payment for the session and coaching will be made to the club, I will post the amount shortly.

Could you please confirm that you will be joining us on the doodle link here so that we can give the chance to others to take your place if you are unable to make it

If you are hiring a bike and/or shoes below is their guide to bike sizing. And please read their comments on pedals/cleats below to see if you need to hire shoes - you can bring your own shoes/cleats but not your own pedals. They use LOOK KEO pedals.
Bike hire costs £10 per person, and shoe hire £6 per person. You can also hire helmets though I assume everyone will bring their own.

"Shoes: You can wear normal trainers for track sessions or if you wish to bring your own cleats we use Look Keo pedals so Look Keo cleats can be worn. Please note that other makes are not necessarily compatible – even if they say that they are. You may not bring your own pedals for use on our hire bikes."

RIDER HEIGHT Frame Size
145-159 43
150-169 46
161-168 49
169-175 52
176-185 55
186-193 58
194+ 61

Regards

Andrew

Comments

• if you are bringing your own bike then note their regulations, although we've never had any problems in the past

https://ebookings.leevalleypark.org.uk/docs/velopark-terms.pdf

Velodrome track bikes
    - a fixed wheel drivetrain
    - 165mm or 170mm cranks with 280mm (11”) or greater bottom bracket height (measured from floor to centre of bottom bracket) - the frame must not have braze-ons or extra fittings
    - the frame must have track ends
    - tyres/tubulars must be 21-25mm wide and must not have coloured tread
    - no Michelin tyres/tubulars or other dual compounds are permitted
    - tyres/tubulars must be correctly inflated to the manufacturer’s specifications
    - tubulars must be correctly glued and not taped
    - the wheels must be spoked (not disc) for all taster and accreditation sessions
    - the handlebars must be drop bars and have bar tape/grips and bar-ends (aerobars are permitted only in specific sessions)
    - brake levers or callipers must not be fitted
    - spare sprockets must not be fitted to double sided hubs
    - quick release wheel axles are not permitted
    - wheel axles should not extend beyond the track nuts
    - the chain tension should be tight enough to avoid derailing but not so tight it ‘binds’ the drivetrain
  • Hi Andrew,

I'm going to be away with work so can't make it but Archie will be there. I've confirmed him on the poll but couldn't see how to answer that I can't? I've just left it as a question mark.

Anyway, obviously I'll pay my share if there's no-one to take my place. I'm gutted to miss it.

Iain
  • Ah - the flaw in my plan Iain

I'll add another column for those who can't make it

Thks

Andrew
  • Can't make it after all :(
    Hope I have ticked the right box
    Adam
  • edited September 2015
    I know some have already paid for last Sunday's session but could the rest of you please pay £24 per rider for the session,

Please either pay into club account or bring cash/cheque to club night next Tuesday payable to CC Ashwell.

To pay into bank account: Cycle Club Ashwell, sort code 20-41-12, acct no 20382167 - please put reference VELO and your surname.
  • Sorry for the delay Andrew, have made the transfer now
  • Hi Andrew. Will pay for Sophie & Holly in Barclay's tomorrow.