Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 26th Sep

edited September 2015 in General
So are we going to do this Roffle Route on Saturday? 110 miles + Blue Egg and Belgique, Theydon Bois...

Weather looks good.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    The Roffle! CCA's tribute to the Giro di Lombardia.

Here's the route on Bikemap. Note... it's unridden and there's a few bumps unironed out on the automapping. But it's about right.

Stef was going to lead this - but he's unable to hit that date now. I'd love to ride it, but not possible this weekend.

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/3162892-the-roffle/

Maybe one for later in the year if not doable this weekend.
  • edited September 2015
    One last challenge - one last wafer thin mint :)

Many of us missed the Wells ride so I have been wondering about Ashwell-Wells-Ashwell?

Roffle definately a more sensible idea.
  • All being well... yes I'll be there.
  • I think this is what you need MC?

7 day download link;
    http://we.tl/LJm8V7VHj6
  • edited September 2015
    Velodrome on Sunday for me, so I don't have the time (or the legs) for 110miles

Hoping to join you until the Blue Egg though
  • edited September 2015
    I'm in a similar boat to Jane (I'm doing that silly sportive they have @ the velodrome on Sunday) but would also gladly stretch my legs to Blue Egg (will join @Barkway)
  • Unfortunately no cycling for me for a few weeks as I've the eye operation tomorrow at Moorfields that was postponed so that I could ride Paris Nice. All that hard-won fitness about to go to waste. Sigh!
  • edited September 2015
    I've checked over the GPX that Martin posted above.

There are a few minor problems with it (details below for Martin):
    1. Uses a bridle path near Rickling
    2. Goes into a housing estate near Waltham Abbey
    3. Strays off the road several times around Lower Nazeing

I've put a updated version of the track here, temporarily:
    http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI/Course/837942
  • Thanks Shaun - I was going to post that the section from Theydon Bois to Hertford was untested and needed some work. I had planned to update it and ride it ahead of the Roffle but didn't manage it in the end. Pleased you have had a look and found some alternatives. The roads outside that section you will all be familiar with from club runs and the Easter Classic. Hoping it should be a great route, wish I could ride it with you. Hope it goes well.
  • Good luck John - hope the operation goes well.

See you on the Pirate ride later in the Autumn.
  • Thanks Jeremy. Hope to be out with the Saturday 8am crew again before long and the Sunday 9.30!
  • good luck for the op. John. Brave to do P/N with that hanging over you.
  • Won't be there as I'm at the 'athlete lab' on Saturday .... Shd be fun.... U turn up, pay ur money, come out an athlete ... Boom! Perfect :-)
  • Skelders, i assume they do refunds.....;-)
  • I think this will be my last long road ride before I attempt to retune the engine for a bit of mud plugging.

Please excuse me when I 'go for it' on anything vaguely hilly - its all part of the plan
  • Will join you until Newport then I'll turn north and head for home. Need to get a few miles in but I have to get back.
  • edited September 2015
    Nice pootle out to the Blue Egg and back. Lost Carmello and Brynd at Newport and six made it to the cafe (Jane, Robbie, Phil, Shaun MC and myself). Was quiet at the Blue Egg and nice to relax in the September sunshine. Everyone basking after a long season of big rides.

Inevitably it turned into a bit of a tear up on the way back. Ended up with 82miles at nearly 18mph.

Must start the wind down soon!
  • Enjoyed that. Q glad I skipped the 'tear up' though :o