Welcome to the forum

Shorter Road Bike for sale

edited September 2015 in General
Hi All,

In an effort to raise some fund for a cyclo cross bike I've decided to sell my Shorter Rochford road bike. I'll attempt to describe it! I can't seem to add photo's to this discussion - but happy to whatsapp/email photo's to anyone who would like a look, or for anyone to pop over and see it.

Shorter Rochford Road bike. 52cm frame, but has always felt larger to me, my cube is a 53cm and feels smaller?

Shorter Aluminium frame

Dura-ace chainset 10 speed, front and rear derailleur and front and rear shifters. I think the chain is shimano 105 and was put on this January when the bike had an overhaul from our own Jon Chapman.

Ambrosio carbon brakes,

Front forks are Carbon Deda black force

Deda carbon bars

Carbon ITM stem (I've measured it as 110mm)

Ambrosio carbon seatpost

Rear wheel is Ambrosio Excellight - pretty worn, but with a bit of life left.

The front wheel is a Mavic Aksium which is from my Cube which was new in January and only used since March on the Shorter.

Saddle is a Sella italia - pretty well worn!!

I'm going to keep the pedals!

The bike had a service from Jon in January and received new break and gear cables plus I think a new bottom bracket and headset bearings, and new bar tape. The bike could do with its gears indexing.

I'm asking £400 - however if you don't require the front wheel I'm happy to take £50 off that price.

The bike is overall in good condition, just normal wear and tear, it was ridden for two seasons of Duathlon in 2008 and 2009 (during which I crashed once - although only a few scratches on bike - luckily by head took most of the trauma!!) It was then hung in my garage until this January when I realized that cycling was a far better sport than running!!

Feel free to ask any questions or pop and see it. I think the price is pretty good and probably the bike could be split down for components for someone who knew what they were doing!

Comments