Welcome to the forum

WANTED: 700mm Front Wheel for Old Racer

edited September 2015 in General
I have been renovating an old Fletcher Contre la Montre and it is all finished other than finding a matching pair of wheels. I really like the rear wheel that I currently have on it and would rather not go through the expense of buying an entire new wheelset so am looking to try and get a front wheel to match it. I have spent many hours trawling through ebay etc with no luck as yet so wondered if anyone in CCA might by chance have a suitable old wheel lying around in the shed...
It needs to be 700mm and quite a narrow rim (possibly 622-13 or 622-15) with a relatively distinctive 'rounded square shape'. I am not necessarily looking for an exact match, just close enough that it does not look odd. It really doesn't have to be in particularly good condition - given the condition of the rest of the bike I'm not looking to spend more than £15-£20. Some photos of the rear wheel to be matched follow below.
Thanks for taking the time to read all this and if you have anything I would love to hear from you.
All the best,
Bryn

imagephoto IMG_5331_zpshqkwebfs.jpg" alt="rear wheel" />

imagephoto IMG_5333_zpsbt7pxx1n.jpg" alt="rear wheel" />

imagephoto IMG_5332_zpsnnsjzaax.jpg" alt="rim" />

Comments

• Bryn, I wouldn't describe you as an old racer! I've got a similar looking wheel, but it is a tub I'm afraid.
  • Cheers Daniel, but I'm after a clincher really
  • Looks like a Rigida to me, for what it's worth Photo
  • Hey Bryn
    I've got this, sort of the right shape but wideish, about 23 mm. Unbranded but works fine. You can have it if it's any use
  • Tim,
    Are you driving to the velodrome tomorrow? If so would you mind chucking it in the car for me to have a look at? If not don't worry, I think it is a little wider than what I am looking for.
    All the best,
    Bryn