Welcome to the forum

Herts Wheelers Last Chance Points Grabber RR

edited September 2015 in Road Racing
Myself, Tom Trimble and Barron Mendelssohn lined up to start down in Codicote this morning. A fairly gentle start saw a couple of small groups go up the road and come back, the primes were fought out (on every lap) till a break of 5 managed to get away. There was a rather unfortunate crash at the bottom of the hill going up to the Sue Ryder home which took Barron out and gave him even more of an incentive to buy a new bike. Quickly.

I bridged across to the break with a Luton rider and a North Road rider for the last lap. As we went past the bell 4 more riders bridged across (the bunch weren't that far behind at that point) and everybody started messing around. Now with 12 riders in the front group, with not a lot of them willing to work there were concerns about the bunch catching us. 4 of us worked harder than a lot of the others and not surprisingly, I had nothing left on the sprint up to the finish line. I managed to pick up 10th with Tom taking 15th by jumping off the front of the bunch with half a lap to go.

Lovely morning to end my season on, a nice ride there in the fog and back in the sun. Reminded me of what a good time of year it is to ride (when the weather is right). Looking forward to coming back out with the club runs over the next few months.

And not doing any cyclocross.

Comments

• Nice one Will

Looking forward to seeing you back on club runs (and not doing cyclocross)
  • Well done Will

Go on give it a try you know you want to. The CCA promotion promises to be a good one and it is right on your doorstep.