Welcome to the forum

Post Paris Nice

edited September 2015 in General
So, the big question has to be how to maintain the fitness we gained.
We are having a wonderful spate of weather up here in Durham and I went for a shortish ride over to Weardale and back over the climb. 50 miles and 600ft and it seemed so easy. I dread losing that fitness over the winter as the winning of it came so hard. I can't hope for a lot of riding during the coming winter but I will try my best to keep riding. Any suggestions?
Anyone wanting to come here and enjoy the riding, it looks like we have some 3 weeks of reasonable weather. Today was simply wonderful. No wind, blue sky and warm.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Geoff,

Judging by the mood at the Blue Egg on Saturday then I'd say that many are in wind down mode. For me that's just enjoying riding the bike without the feeling that your preparing for a big event. Getting back into commuting and the CCA weekend rides. Quite looking forward to the winter training - those long rides in tough conditions give you a special sort of satisfaction. Also get to ride with some of the racing members.

Would be good to see you down in Herts for a weekend - plenty going on. Club hill climb on 11th October?

Glad all good with you.

JP
  • sounds sensible lads...oops,...that should have read 6000ft not 600. shorter rides are the order of the day as long rides here are 8 hours plus as you know and I have much to catch up on with the house and farm. Starting the winter necessity of logging sufficient fuel to last out. Seems like I used up my quota and some of cycling tolerance with Ann and have to win some more browney points for next year :-) Will try and make some rides if it fits in with trips down.