Welcome to the forum

ECCA Track Championship, Stratford, 24th Sept 2016

edited September 2015 in Road Racing
This is very exciting and comes at a great time after we've all had such a good trip to the velodrome. How good would it be to have a CCA team pursuit!!

This is the incentive we all need to get accredited!

To: ECCA Club Gen. Secs.

I am very pleased to confirm that ECCA will be running a Track Championship Meeting at the Stratford Velodrome on Sunday 24th September 2016.

The following Championships will be included:
Mens
Ladies
Juniors
Youth A
Youth B
Youth C
All the above will be based upon a 3 event omnium for each Category
Individual Pursuit
Team Pursuit

Full details of the Programme will be issued in due course.

For reasons of safety all riders will need to hold Accreditation. Any of your members who are not Accredited but are interested in riding have a full year to sort out their Accreditation. Full details at:
https://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/london2012/velo-park/track/track-accreditation/

Can you please distribute this information to any of your members who may be interested.

Comments

• Doing my first stage of accreditation - or more accurately having a go at getting it on Monday! Would be amazing to race at the Olympic velodrome!
  • Thats great Mitchy. I dont think you will have much to worry about with level 1 accreditation, you will probably find that you just want to rip up the track but have to ride at 12 mph behind a bloke in jeans and trainers!

Plenty of time to get accredited and well worth doing for the SQT sessions and track leagues.
  • They held a team championship event at Herne Hill this summer. Sophie teamed up with some riders from Welwyn Wheelers and Lee Valley to form "Team Trisports Letchworth". The girls weren't placed but they were all Youth B, riding up in a Youth A event. It was a fantastic day as the events were so different from the usual omnium events. They were great training though for The Sainsbury's School Games, which Sophie competed in last month, representing the Eastern Region.

I am sure she would happily take part in a similar event again. It does add an extra element though to their training as some of the kids may need to learn to use aerobars for the pursuit. Some of the adults for that matter may need to practice using aerobars on the track.

Are people aware that you can pay a casual user rate to ride at the Welwyn velodrome? It costs £6 per hour for causal use of the track (but not exclusive use). You just pay at the Gosling Sports Centre desk. It is worth checking before you go down though, that the track/central sports field has not been booked for exclusive use (something like £50 per hour).
  • edited October 2015
    I'd love to do this but it's a lot of £ to get accredited for one race as all the other pursuit championships don't require it.

I've just done (well a few weeks ago now) the National champs and the World Masters Champs. I'll try and get some photos up.

Huge thanks to tduckett, Jason, David W and Carl W for their help.
  • Would love to see some photos Justin, and give us a write up of your experiences.