Welcome to the forum

PETITION: to add bicycle awareness to the driving test

edited October 2015 in General
Far to many cyclists are being injured or killed on our roads. The need for clearer education regarding the safety of cyclists, safe passing distances, junction awareness are just a couple of examples

This petition started in August and already has over 5000 signatures: Add cycle awareness and safety to the current Driving theory test

At 10 000, government must respond to this petition and if it reaches 100 000 signatures, the petition will be considered for debate in Parliament

PLEASE SIGN and use the Twitter/Facebook/email buttons to pass it on

Comments

• Done, and shared widely.
  • Thanks Jane, signed. Got punish passed just today :(
  • I just signed and shared with everyone I know on facebook
  • I wholeheartedly support this petition and any efforts to raise 'awareness' as it will no doubt help to improve things. I also think there is a hard core of bike haters who will only ever respond to the threat of legal consequences.

With the cost of helmet cams etc. coming down nicely, I'm thinking about getting one and filming every ride. You never think fast enough to get reg numbers, and it's your word against the driver anyway ... unless you've got a helmet cam.

Helmet cams are making a huge impact by providing the footage of punishment passes and road rage incidents to the police, as well as publishing the footage on social media. It's a great way to raise awareness of the legal consequences of dangerous and aggressive driving. See this summary by Road Justice, a CTC sponsored initiative:

http://www.roadjustice.org.uk/video-evidence
  • 130 new signatures on this petition since yesterday

They may not all be down to CCA, but I like to think most of them are ours. Thanks All
  • That is to(o) cool Jane, thanks for sharing!