Welcome to the forum

weds 25th nov club run

edited November 2009 in Club runs
no rain, blue skies and autumn sunshine.. almost perfect.. just the small matter of the 25 mph winds to deal with... 10 out today, went to potton, north of gamlingay, gransdens, hatley etc and a horrible last section back into the wind from shingay thru guilden morden. 33 miles at a speed just short of the age of consent i think, speedo playing up. no punctures. no sprint. a few gaps when the carefully crafted echelons broke up, but good teamwork and everyone home together just about.

as if confirmation of the strength of the wind was required, there was a large farm trailer on its side on the corner near the garage when we left bobs after coffee. not sure if it was blown over or driver error on the bend.. sure the driver will be telling Sam the former!

Comments

• This is what happens when I sneak off for a ride! Bike off the stress, get back, check my phone messages, stress leval higher than before the ride!!! He tried the wind excuse, but it had rolled over towards the wind. Cattle trailer, write off, 10 cows under observation but appear ok.