Welcome to the forum

NEW CLUB RECORD - 30 Mile TT

edited October 2015 in Time Trial
Earlier today I went over to the E2/30c course for a 30mile TIme Trial. I had signed up for it a while back and had even sent my apologies to the organiser to say that I wasn't going to do it. After waking up and looking at the wind and weather forecast (think I'm turning into a tester), I had a last minute change of heart and contacted the organiser. He swiftly have me my place back and off I went.

It wasn't the best start, I didn't know the course very well so ended up rushing so that I could drive it. It didn't stop there, my power meter was dropping in and out and then I realised I had forgotten my pointy helmet. After initially thinking it was game over, I called the only person I knew with a pointy lid east of Ashwell, Tom Trimble. Without hesitation, Tom was at the start line with his Kask Bambino within about 20mins, fantastic.

I didn't feel like I had the best ride and had no accurate power data to really tell properly, but the conditions were great.

I ended up with a time of 1hr 0min 50secs (1.00.50), a new club record by almost 5 minutes.

It's worth noting that Michael Martin also broke the original club record today with 1hr 4min. Great ride!! A massive thanks to Tom again who also greeted me at the finish with a much needed cold can of Coke!!

I'll see how the legs recover for the IC hill climb tomorrow morning!!!

Comments

• Luke, that's outrageous! And very well done
  • Who needs power meters.....well done Luke...awesome
  • Stunning ride! Weather looks pretty decent tomorrow too.. no excuses!
  • Yup you definitely getting closer to full on tester status :-) Fantastic Ride
  • Well done Luke. My legs hurt just reading this!
  • Awesome ride Luke. Records updated!

Main site TT link
  • Ace, super pic too!
  • Nice one Luke. Great ride
  • Excellent ride! (James, isn't Justin's new club record for the 10 almost a minute quicker than the one on the website?)
  • Oops! Sorted
  • Thanks again for the kind words everyone. Off to build for next year now!!
  • Sorry this is a bit late but, fantastic ride Luke, that's an incredible average speed. Well done.
  • great ride Luke.
    How anyone maintains that level of speed and pain has always amazed me and alluded my attempts.
    Best time I ever did, 27.14 for a 10 was some years ago on a fixed wheel when Andy B. was running the TT's on our course.
    Its not an age thing as JMac and Richard G. prove. However hard I rode and however sick I felt it never happened.
    O.K. it is a speciality and needs to be trained for, something I didn't take seriously enough, but to achieve the speeds over long distances that you Justin and others manage is simply awesome.
    Scary to think of you spending the winter months building for next years records.
    keep it going.