Welcome to the forum

Revolution cross, Eastern round 5

edited October 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
It was another warm dry day at hillyfields on a dusty, hilly, fast course with lots of single track and no offs. More of an MTB type course.

Great results across the board and a great start from Rhys in the under 10's. Wins for Sam, Harley and Jackie and CCA top of the clubs with Welwyn.

Me and Alfie both crashed on the same corner but no harm done and i think Stuart had a mechanical of some sort.

Great fun, but looking forward to a bit of mud.

U 10

1 Sam Quiggin
4 Ethan Storti
8 Rhys Cairns

U12

2 Mark Lightfoot
5 Joe Hadsley

Youth

4 Noah Field
6 Adam Lightfoot
14 Gareth Lewis
20 Felix Field
27 Harley Pell, 1st u14 girl
31 Sam Daniels
36 Archie Foulkes
47 Alfie Duckett

50,s Women

20 Pete Daniels
25 Jackie Field, first woman
26 Stuart Field
32 Daniel Doncaster
59 Lindsey Foulkes, 10th woman

40's

47 Tim Duckett
51 Dave Hadsley
55 Mark Wyer
71 Richard Lawrence

Seniors/juniors

15 Travis Pell, 5th junior

Comments

• I thought I had had quite a good race until I saw my position :( My usual slow start meant I was caught at the first pinch point & where I thought I was near the back I must have been at the back! Off now the study videos of rocket Petes start technique...
  • I'm not sure you want to copy me Richard - I spend the first 1/2 lap overtaking people and the rest of the race being overtaken by the same people. I think there are a lot of strong riders in the v40 class this year and I'm (sort of) glad I've grown up! Bring on the mud.
  • The V40 is crazy this year. Tim, Mark and I all seemed to be going well for around 50th! I finished 21st last year at Hillyfields and 51st this year. I blame the lack of mud!