Welcome to the forum

Easterncross round 8 Basildon (2)

edited October 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
After our event on Saturday the Eastern League gave us another new course to try today at Basildon. A similar open parkland style course to Gloucester Park in Basildon, but with a bit more off camber and a host of switchbacks, it made for some tighter racing than I'd experienced at the other course. A few climbs but not as steep and long as the Basilberg and a couple of dismounts, (for those not so good at bunny hopping and riding short steep banks that is)

U10

Samuel Quiggin 1st
Ethan Storti 4th

U12

Mark Lightfoot 2nd
Joseph Hadsley 4th

U14

Adam Lightfoot 1st
Felix Field 16th
Harley Pell 17th (1st girl)
Sam Daniels 22nd

U16

Noah Field 3rd

Women

Jackie Field 2nd (1st vet)

Vet 50

Pete Daniels 19th

Vet 40

David Hadsley 34th
Mark Wyer 44th

The highlight of the day was undoubtedly Pete's start. Renowned for his starts this was out of the top drawer, he ghosted his way past almost the entire field to enter the first pinch point in third place, ahead of the eventual winner Richard Muchmore. Someone needs to film Pete and make a 'Peteness' video so we can all learn the secret.

Comments

• Youth are on fire!
  • Great results again everyone and very much looking forward to the Peteness videos!
  • So am I. I'm not sure how it happened either. On the up side I didn't get held up at the bottleneck but while my progress over the first 500m may have been swift, it all fell away over the next 500m so I went from 20th to 3rd and back to 20th all in the first half dozen corners! Still it was fun while it lasted!