Welcome to the forum

2016 Etape du Dales

edited October 2015 in Sportives
Sunday 15th May 2016. Priority entry for British Cycling Members opens on Sunday 8th November 2015.

Will be entering and booking my room at the Travelodge in Skipton. Tough sportive that will motivate you to keep riding through the winter.

Comments

• Got to be done! Means more training at Geoffs!
  • haha Robbie. Saw this and was going to suggest people come up and get a taste. Would love to see you all up here. Think that I ought to enter also..should be a breeze after Paris/Nice :-)
  • People can stay here for free and it takes about an hour or so to drive to the start...just a thought.
  • edited November 2015
    Met up with Geoff at last night's CCA film and we (sort of) discussed a Yorkshire training weekend in April by way of preparation. A chance to recce parts of the route and get in some valuable early season miles.

Just to wet your appetite for next season!
  • Just done my entry and booked the Travelodge.
  • edited November 2015
    Entered on line through British Cycling tonight. £46 including credit card surcharge.
  • All sorted. I'm there.
  • edited November 2015
    Excellent. So far we've got:

Robbie
    Jane
    Martin H
    Jeremy
    Martin W
  • I've entered too.
  • Me too. I'm nervous already.
  • I'm in.
    John
  • ....and me. :-)
  • ... now I'm nervous too
  • Also signed up for this event.
  • Fixed wheel (no mudguards with a flap)
  • Etape du Dales on a fixed wheel bike. I'm not sure it has been done before. I think it would be a first Robbie...
  • I'll trump you on my folder Robbie
  • i've also entered.
  • Just to let you know I am booked in the last twin room in the Foresters Arms in Grassington: http://www.forestersarmsgrassington.co.uk/ If anyone wishes to have the pleasure of sharing with me the room is £80. I promise I am a reasonably quiet snorer (is there such a thing?). Just drop me a line or Whisper me.

Also I propose that if anyone wishes to drive with me I am planning on taking my XC90 which is open for another four persons and bikes (two on the roof and three on a tow bar). Petrol money contributions and drop off at Travel lodge in Skipton as well.
  • Dom - yes please, I'd like a lift

Happy to contribute to costs
  • XC90 - count me in !
  • Dom if it's not already taken I'd like to take you up on your offer of a room share and lift.
    Thanks.
    John
  • Just entered
  • John sure a place is yours
    Dom
  • I entered this today.
    Best all out 7th and 21st Feb in your diaries for the beds reliability rides. Just rock up, lay and ride. Martin Lawless is looking for a cca train for these events. Let's do it.
  • Hi All,
    In terms of entering, did people enter as individuals or as part of an CCA Team?
    Thanks
    Pete
  • Pete - If I'm not mistaken, most of us have C C Ashwell or suchlike against our names as we signed up as British Cycling members - the club's name gets autopopulated as a result. So up to you really! I don't think I'm misunderstanding this one...

That said, given the way you've started off the year I think it'd be pointless me trying to keep up with you in a "team", anyway!
  • Thanks Andy,
    I think Christmas was a bonus, and have to get back to reality and the 1 ride a week.
    Signed up as basic BC member, so will try using the membership number to sign up.
  • Ok, all done. Signed up through British Cycling.
    Booked accommodation in Grassington.
    Now just got to get some mileage and hills under the belt.
  • Etape du Dales is on the 15th May. Come up here for the tour de Yorkshire on 29th April and we can get some training in for the Etape later in the month as well as getting roadside to watch the tour de yorks on the Sunday as it is close to us on that day.
    Happy to sort out a ride route and schedule if anyone interested.