Welcome to the forum

Grafham CX

edited November 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
All a bit foggy today, but a lovely day none the less. The reservoir was unusually totally full so there were no beaches which was a bit of a shame. The course dried out for the later races but was a bit slippy early on. Alfie crashed and hurt his knee and i think James F was dnf too although not sure what happened.
Myself and Richard both broke our saddles on the first hop on at the ditch but sadly Richards was terminal where as mine held together to the finish.
Dave H was super strong today and good to see Stuart and Travis back and going well.

u10
Ella Friedlander ( 1st u10 girl)

u12
1 Mark Lightfoot
6 Jo Hadsley
23 Lucy Friedlander (4th u12 girl

Youth
10 Adam Lightfoot (3 u14)
18 Felix Field (6 u14)
19 Gareth Lewis
24 Harley Pell (1 u14 girl)
32 Sophie Lewis (3 u14 girls)
49 Archie Foulkes
55 Thomas Arers
James Fraser dnf
Alfie Duckett dnf

over 50 ladies

21 Stuart Field
24 Jackie Field (1 lady vet)
25 Daniel Doncaster
30 Pete Daniels
64 Anna Fraser (6 lady vet)

40-49
26 Dave Hadsley
33 Tim Duckett
36 Mark Wyer
41 Vince Friedlander
65 Michael Parker
Richard Lawrence dnf

Seniors juniors
24 Travis Pell (7 junior)

Comments

• Nice write up Tim. Thanks we all enjoyed that. Definitely a power course with few technical difficulties. Apparently the water authority have been pumping the summer excess of water from the rivers to get the reservoir levels up hence no beaches.
  • Thanks Tim - yes James injured his ankle on the third lap and couldn't continue. He was very disappointed.

Much more importantly, though, his bike is undamaged... ;)
  • I thought the course was good; nice wide paths for the most part. Sorry you had mechanical issues Richard.

Sorry not to see Noah nor Sam racing; I wish you both well and a speedy recovery from your respective injuries.
  • edited November 2015
    Some pics of CCA in action