Welcome to the forum

Saturday 14th November, 9.30am club run

edited November 2015 in General
I will be guest navigator for tomorrow’s ride – luckily for David I volunteered before looking at the weather forecast! We will be sticking with more familiar roads, heading south. I’ve two routes depending on just how bad the weather is…

1. Ashwell, Dane End, the Hadhams, Furneux Pelham, Buntingford, Sandon, Ashwell (46 miles), or
2. Ashwell, Walkern, Dane End, Ardeley, Cromer, Ashwell (33 miles).

Let's decide in the morning depending on which hardy souls turn up.

The two Daves proved last week that a little bit of rain needn’t spoil a jolly good ride, so clip on your mudguards, charge your lights and fill your pockets with tasty treats. I will be there whatever the weather – this is what autumn riding is all about!!

Comments

• Thanks Jenny, like the look of both of those routes.

I'm going with the Accuweather forecast which says rain will arrive at 3pm :)
  • Hi Jenny/Dave,

Sorry won't be there tomorrow as going to get rained on at a Wedding in London. Enjoy!

Bob
  • Hi Jenny

I need to come to do another double "D" ride

Could be a triple "D" or even more!

See you in the morning unless its p.....ing down.

Dave
  • I plan to ensure there. I like the sound of the Hadhams Jenny
  • edited November 2015
    It's deja vu from last Saturday, so looks like another double D day !

Not for me so enjoy if you are out :)
  • I'll be out, but vote for a short ride as the rain is on its way!
  • 7 out for a lovely ride this morning, despite a couple of mechanicals and a very nervous horse. We headed down towards Dane End, where the feeling seemed to be for the shorter route, so we'll save the Hadhams for next time. We bravely turned down the offer of tea and cake from my mum and carried on past Ardeley and Cromer back to Ashwell. The pace picked up for the sprint but I'd say it was more of a team effort than individual success.

Finished on 34 miles at 15.4, stats that I feel belied the effort involved. Thanks all for a great ride and excellent company. Those who wussed out...your loss!
  • Also nice to see Shaun&Robbie, what were the odds? :-)
  • Jenny - whispered you
    Susan