Welcome to the forum

Ride the Olympic Velodrome - Sunday 6th December 7-9pm

edited November 2015 in General
We have managed to secure another session at the Olympic Velodrome - apologies for the short notice for this one but I'm afraid real life got in the way a bit over the last few weeks.

Some changes over our previous sessions - 2 hours only and it's a Sunday evening session - depending on numbers interested we'll decide how to run this as a 15 or 30 person session (equating to 2 or 1 hour(s) riding time respectively

This session is open to all CCA members 12 and over, depending on who signs up to come along will determine the type of session we run

Cost should be between £18-£28 per head including coaching. Bike hire is an additional £10 and shoes £6 for the session.

If you would like to ride please sign up HERE,

Please note we will have to pay the full hire charge in advance, so if you sign up you are committing to pay your share as above.

Andrew

Comments

• Great stuff Andrew

If we get enough riders for the 2hour session, I'm in
  • Don't think Alfie or myself can make it this time :(
  • edited November 2015
    I'm in ...

Robbie, (or anyone else) want to carpool and split the petrol?
  • Train for me... so easy.
  • Count me in please...track withdrawal big time!
  • edited November 2015
    OK - This is looking like a great 2 hour blast for those with previous track experience.

Only thing we need is a few more people to make it affordable - those already signed up can you twist a few peoples arms!!

7 signed up currently - 5 more will take it to £28 per head, 8 more will bring it down to £22
  • Thanks Andrew for organising this. Dave and I are signed up.
  • Sounds good, thanks for organising Andrew. Have signed up.
  • Hoping to ride this, will confirm tomorrow once my plans are finalised.

**Andrew - I have whispered you.
  • Hi Andrew - can you confirm the session is still 7-9pm on Sunday?

And is it the same procedure as last time, ie organise our bike hire individually at reception, on arrival?
  • Hi All

This session is on - we have at least 12 coming and possibly 15 - I think it's going to be a blast this time.

I can't come unfortunately as I have a long standing kayak trip to Dartmoor this weekend (heavy rain forecast so that might be quite a blast too)

James will be there to do the calculation about what you owe and he can probably take money on the night too.

Enjoy

Andrew
  • Taking the 16.21 train from Ashwell then St Pancras fast tran to Stratford Int.
    See you there!
  • I am going to drive down tomorrow so if anyone wants a lift shout now. Train is great but I want to get back as early as possible
  • Hi James, I would like to take you up on that offer fella. I need to get back early as poss too. Tomorrow's train will come mighty early. I'll whisper you my mobile and we can coordinate.
  • James... what time you setting off?
  • Le Grande Depart will be from Robbie's at 5:00pm

Andy, Robbie so far and space for one more
  • edited December 2015
    Ah ... I would like to take my track bike!!! Is that poss???
  • Sorry mate no space for bike unless it's in kit form
  • edited December 2015
    In 'kit' form? It will be in pieces, wheels in bags. Is that what you mean???
  • edited December 2015
  • edited December 2015
    I'll ride down with you either way, the velodrome bikes are okay. Thanks fella.
  • James,

Martin was expecting to have a lift with me. Bryn is driving too and has room for 1 passenger

So if you've still got room for 1 more passenger, can you to take Martin and I'll keep Bryn company. That'll mean 2 cars instead of 3. (NB Martin doesn't have forum access this morning)

Please confirm you have room for Martin and I'll tell him to be at Robbie's <5pm

Thx J
  • Yes got room for Martin

Andrew - if you take both wheels and the seat pot out I think we can get yr ride in the boot
  • Thanks James, will see you at Robbie's.
  • Woo hoo! Thanks man!
  • Great stuff, Team. Transport sorted

I've got butterflies just thinking about the sound of wheels on silky smooth boards :)
  • Gonna be a blast! I've missed the track.
  • Top time! Big thanks for sorted my this one!
  • Thanks for organising tonight, it was a really good session
  • Thanks everybody for yesterday, hard work but great fun.
    Andrew says sorry for the misunderstanding at the end of the Keirin. Last week on our stage 2 we had been doing change overs where at the corner "straight on" has a different meaning to that end the end of the race. Lesson learnt! :)