Welcome to the forum

8am now Sunday 9.30am 22 Nov

edited November 2015 in Club runs
Watch this space for the Shaun's Special Birthday Ride route... new roads and new cafe stop.
Winter bikes and fixed welcome (oh and Vince on his new mean machine)

Comments

• OK, here's the route:
    http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI/Course/844465

Ashwell, Barkway, Elmdon, Littlebury, Saffron W, Hadstock, Radwinter, Debden, Elsenham, Albury, Braughing, Buntingford, Ashwell.

74 miles.

Cafe @ 38 miles: Debden Barns

See you Saturday!
  • should be there - looking at the forecast i might need to dig out some big gloves!!
  • I did try to organise some birthday weather, but the forecasters are resisting

Looks as if we're going to get a frost on Friday night, followed by sleet first thing on Saturday, plus winds of 20-45mph all morning. I really hope they are wrong :o
  • FDFD
    edited November 2015
    Big Night Out on Friday (following awards lunch!) ....not that I would have been able to keep up with you all.

Hope the birthday ride goes well Shaun and all stay safe if predicted weather conditions turn out correct. You must try harder Jane!
  • Happy birthday Shaun. Unfortunately sending apologies - got a family weekend that has already been rearranged once which scuppers any cycling plans.

Looks like a good route and hope the ride goes well.

JP
  • will try and join you guys but need to still check on other plans
  • Should be there come rain or shine.
  • I would love to join this ride, but will only ride after 0900 with the current weather forecast. Can you post up of it gets put back please.
  • edited November 2015
    Like yr attitude Pete! Me too... no ice that'll do.
  • We'll make a decision about this ride on Friday evening.
  • hope it goes well guys...have a good one. Snow up here on tops. Just came over Buttertubs (in car after visiting friends) Happy birthday to all you young 50 yr olds :-)
  • Got me bananas...
  • Hi Guys

I think I'm going to save this ride for next Saturday. I'm not happy with the Weather Warning in place indicating strong 40-50 mph gusts.

Stay safe if you do go out tomorrow morning...

Shaun
  • Ok Shaun... let's du the 9.30! See ya there
  • Maybe not.
  • I am out today and will ride at 9.30am.
    Setting up mudguards now.
    Weather rideable and not too wet at the moment.
    Wind is challenging and what the Belgian's get strong riding in right?
    May be a short one if very tough going.
  • Yes, the ones that survive are pretty strong

Please tell me you got home ok, Vince. We need you (especially now that you've got mudguards)
  • Hope everyone got home safely. Anyone out tomorrow?
  • Yes.... think Vince got home ok. Three of us ventured out. Hit the gusty side wind going down Langford hill... Shaun blown off! Decided to take it easy... and cut it short to 30 miles. Fierce headwind heading back especially on me fixed. So... let's head out tmw 9.30. See ya there.
  • Yes thanks. Got home fine and had a fabulous ride. Wind gives you wings. Thank goodness for gears eh Robbie.
    Big turn out tomorrow for Sean's 50th ride, weather allowing.
  • 9:30 possible tomorrow. Less wind, but v cold ... probably safer to wait until the afternoon

Anyone seen a gritting lorry yet?
  • Saw you guys on the hill out of Langford. Was in my warm Audi. Looked like a beasting day and respect to those that ventured out. Reckon next weekend best for Shauns ride.
  • Yes...nippy but dry tmw. Looks safe.
    So Birthday boy ride at 9.30 followed by pint in the Tons.
  • See you there.