Welcome to the forum

Third Party Insurance

edited November 2015 in General
Just a thought as I come to renew my British Cycling membership..do you have third party insurance cover when cycling? The membership page on our site strongly recommends getting cover, but does everyone have it?
It's certainly worth considering - a work colleague recently had a serious accident whilst cycling to work. He admits it was his fault, crossing through a line of stationary cars, he was hit by a car coming the other way that he'd failed to spot. He has just returned to work having suffered a broken pelvis and fractured ribs. The car involved was old and has been written off, my colleague has agreed a settlement of £750 which he has had to pay for as he has no insurance cover. The driver was more concerned about my colleague's well being than the cost of the car and they settled quite amicably, but potentially it could have cost him a lot more.

So worth thinking about..

Comments

• Thanks Alan. A good reminder and yes we strongly suggest everyone has BC Insurance. No reason not to really.
  • If your friend has home insurance there could be cover there,check with a phone call