Welcome to the forum

SHAUN SPECIAL 8am Staurday 28 Nov

edited November 2015 in Club runs
Change of plans... I'm able to ride Saturday. Yay!
Shaun, up for your new route?

Comments

• Yes. Here we go:

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI/Course/844465

Ashwell, Barkway, Elmdon, Littlebury, Saffron W, Hadstock, Radwinter, Debden, Elsenham, Albury, Braughing, Buntingford, Ashwell.

74 miles.

Cafe @ 38 miles: Debden Barns
  • edited November 2015
    Yowzer! Good to do Shaun's route and that birthday pint.

See you at the Tuns.
  • Should be there for the whole route this Sat.
  • I will be there as well
  • Hoping to join you, but if it's frosty I'll wait until a bit later
  • Should be there for Saffron Walden and back.
    Orders to be back by 10 so Mrs W can escape for the day.
    See you in the morning.
  • edited November 2015
    Black Friday at Trisports. New hoops from Mavic to try tomorrow :)
  • Happy birthday Shaun have a good ride!
  • Hope they're heavy hoops with thick winter tyres to slow you down! On me fixed tmw... : ))
  • Ok so Jeremy's new wheels are v smart but not nearly heavy enough

Ride was cold, windy, muddy, mechanically challenged and in spite of it all, good fun. Everything you'd expect from a Shaun Special

It was blowing a hoolie on the top after Sandon, followed by an evil gusting crosswind on the descent. Felt bad leaving you at the side of the road, Vince, but I hope your lift arrived promptly
  • Good gritty ride... enjoyed it even with me wobbly bottom bracket!
  • edited November 2015
    Really enjoyed that today and thanks to Shaun for creating such an interesting route. Quite a big group for the 8am Saturday ride and good to see some of the racing members out.

It was one of those puncture/wheel nightmare days for Vince. Hope you got back ok?

Ended up with 86miles at about 16mph. Still got to do that birthday pint in the Tuns!

See you next week.
    JP
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks everyone. Great ride. Quite a few roads on that route we don't use much. Nicer route, IMO, than the one we usually take to get to Saffron Walden. Probably should have avoided those lanes after Stansted though...
  • I had problems with the internet but meant to thank everyone for putting up with my second episode of multiple punctures this year. In the end I took another inner tube from Tomas and that did the trick. I think I wasn't far Behind you all and spotted Sean heading up the hill towards baldock and met James and his chariot in Ashwell. Not sure which one looked greyer.
    A stomping route. Wish the garmin had not packed up again.
    Quite a ride. Perhaps this level two training is a good idea after all.
  • Hey Vince, was it the same problem you had in Versailles in September...multiple visits by the 'p' fairey before the start?! Hope all OK.