Welcome to the forum

Saturday 28th November 9.30am club ride

edited November 2015 in Club runs
Going to be a bit fresh in the morning, so lets stick to some bigger roads at least to start off with. We could try a bit of a new route I've just made up:

Ashwell-Barkway-Lincoln Hill-Puckeridge-Westmill-Buntingford-Sandon-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/929798255

Might be a bit hairy getting over the A120/10 roundabout a Puckeridge though, anybody tried it on a bike ???

I'll GPS it later, just to make mapmyride hasn't gone on a bridalway bonanza !!

See you in the morning,

Comments

• The Puckeridge roundabout isn't too bad, but its not great - there is actually a subway that goes under the A10 and down a tarmac bridleway as an alternative if you don't fancy it, but then you still have to cross the A120 - personally I tend to stick to the road, which shouldn't be too busy at that time.
    Sadly I think we may not be out tomorrow (unless I join you for a small section...). Have fun!
  • I definitely won't be out, family stuff on. I was out today, and the roads are in a very bad way. I carried as much of the mud home as I could, but I fear there will be plenty left for tomorrow!
  • Thanks for the top A10 tip Dave, subway might be the way to go! Was hoping you guys would be out to use your expert knowledge of the southerly roads, but looks like we might have to rely on the wonders of gps for the gaps in my brain map.......
  • Cheers Dave for the route. Good company on the ride.

Finn - sent you a whisper

Cheers
    Peter
  • My mantra for the ride
    Should have gone with Susan. Should have gone with Susan......

Interesting route.

Thanks
  • edited November 2015
    A good turnout this morning for my route designed yesterday lunchtime on the back of an envelope whilst eating a sarnie!

Nice warmup up the hill to Therfield before crossing onto the wide road from Barkway all the way to Puckeridge. Slight detour from the main road took in the climb of Lincoln hill and the the glorious arrow straight road down (and up) to Hare Street. I was here that we mysteriously met DaveW, I've still got no idea where idea where he came from! With an expert navigator on board we managed to skilfully navigate the luckily quiet A10/A120 roundabout & the onto some excellent new lanes around Great Munden and Nasty. From here it was a familiar roads I nto westmill and buntingford before a classic tailwind assisted wind up down to slip end. Despite myself and PeteTs best effort we were pipped on the post by a flying Emma. Must try harder next time :(

So 38miles @ 15 and only one tiny gps error ! Enjoyed that, thanks all. Will have to see what I can conjure up next week
  • & I think Adam's mantra for the ride was 'should have bought a compact'

:)
  • No, no, the cake one is fine (hot coffee, tasty cake.....)
  • Glad to see that you've been working on your lead out David.
    Just didn't have the legs to see it through to the end.