Welcome to the forum

Club night, Tues 1st Dec, Three Tuns 8pm

edited November 2015 in General
Hi all

It's club night. Sort of last chance to get some CCA kit for under the Christmas Tree.

Hopefully the puncture wheel of doom will be rolling in.

And Maynard's Maintenance Masterclass is a good one. A table top one this time. We are going to open up and look inside a pair of brakes and marvel as the tiny bearings spring out and roll away onto the floor never to be found. That: or Richard will show us how to expertly deal with and maintain yer brakes over winter.

As ever: all welcome. Members or not. Back room of the Three Tuns from about 8pm.

I might bring my rollers and bike down if someone wants a go. A good Christmas gift idea and the Monday roller sessions seem to be going well.

Comments

• I will be there from about 8pm i have both the Endura and the TMG pro kit

kit
  • ++ Protein bar give away and L-Arginine tasting session
  • Make mine a L-arge inine.

Yes: rollers there.

Should be fun. See you there at 9ish.
  • I should be there too but will be driving. Shall i bring the rollers Martin?
  • Hi Tim. If you could bring yer rollers... Or pop over for mine if easier, that would be ace. And means I can have an easier ride over from Guilden. Brilliant.

null
  • ok, no problem ill pop my rollers in the car.
  • Hello all - It's about time I bought a club jersey. Can I just turn up and buy one on spec (probably a size S)? How do you require payment? Cash or cheque best?

Andy
  • edited December 2015
    Andy, if it's in stock (jerseys generally are) then yes, turn up and grab one. Cash, cheque on bank xfer

Speak to Mark, he'll sort you out
  • Excellent - I'll get my skates on!
  • At its peak there were a solid 15 attendees at the December club night. Good given the time of year.

We were treated to a table top dissection of a rear ultegra 6600 set of brakes, from nose to tail. I was reminded of those Ukrainian kids who can do a Rubik's cube in 4 seconds as richard disassembled and put back all the tiny pieces with the calmness of derren brown.

We all tried Matt's energy drink. If it works like beetroot juice it should be noted it smelled like crushed up sweets. Way more appealing.

Not so much interest in the rollers. But treated to a few tricks from Tim. They had 15 turn up for last Monday's roller session. Generating enough power to embarrass the local solar farms.

The poor wheel of truth needs more love. See how well you can change an inner tube next club night Tues, 5 Jan. Three Tuns. 8pm. Cheers.