Welcome to the forum

The Christmas Awards?

edited December 2009 in General
I hear there is an award relating to myself within your club? having put some feelers out, there surely can only be one candidate?? Much like myself, he seems to have cleaned up in the sprints this year?... the one they call Skelders?

Sorry I can't be there to present the award... i hear he's a pretty good bloke as well... much like myself!

Comments

• wow!

I am honoured that you have noticed our club & that I have your vote! I had heard that you like to keep an eye on up & coming clubs from my mates at Rapha, but didn't believe them...

Good Luck next year!

Skelders
  • whoa there!!!!!!!! if this am the real McCoy then first up...respect Mark for your racing this year..awesome doesn't quite capture it........that sprint down the Champs Elysee..devastating.........all the endurance guys and those who do so much up front to bring the sprinters to the finish are often the real unsung heroes, but that aside the sprinters still have to complete the course and be in position to win.....that still takes some doing just to finish the course. In club runs it's different as you know and we have a lot of work shy guys itching to take the glory at the finish....Skelders certainly qualifies but james ,Phil,Sam and a few others are close contenders.........we'll see on the night
  • excuuuuuuuse me, i believe i also do my fair share on the front! 8-)

still in awe... thanks again Mark!!!
  • Hey no worries Skelders, good luck on the night!

Geoff, I still have to get over those mountains as well.. but thanks, Champs Elysee was awesome.

Cheers

Cav

;-)
  • Suuurreeeeal.......credit where credit is due the sprintmeister CAV.......don't know how any of you manage those climbs let alone at those speeds. If you are ever in these neck of the woods some of our sprinters in the youth section already fired up would probably go into orbit if you dropped by to give them some encouragement..............good luck with the new season and we'll be cheering you on from here rest assured, whoever you are riding with.........everyone is rooting for team sky and the ultimate aim of a road team from these isles to take on and beat the worlds best........stay fit and fast
  • OH,...and TIM!!!!!!!!! stop whingeing.......I'm betting you're going to be in contention for at least three awards..Lord of Lingering Repairs....Peacock Award (was the Poseur)....CAV wannabe...oh and NOW best lead out man?? 4......tad greedy methinks.....
  • apparently there is only one, according to my new mate ;-)
  • think we're going to need a "walter mitty" award soon!!!!!!!
  • admit it Geoff... I had you going for a minute eh?!

anything for that trophy!!!!
  • always cover your bases Tim!!!!...hence my first entry....hahaha...one can never be certain and wouldn't it be great if bloggers like Cav and Wiggo did check in.......I see this as a smokescreen to fool the club and divert attention from your other claims to an award........look at Sam's noble effort today to reenforce his claim for the Cav award........we are on to you Skelders.......
  • geoff, I must come to the defence of my fellow sprinters, in one of your earlier posts you suggested that your club run sprinters were a bunch of wheel suckers, though you may be right with Skelders AND JAMES, as you your self said the sprinters still have to complete the course and be in position to win. Then it is down to the best man on the day, of course, not meaning to puff my chest out to far, that is more often than not myself ;-) Cav
  • Hail the mighty Cav !
    Sorry I have been away , only just seen

Can you give me some advice
    early in the season there where many
    who wanted the "best lead out man award"
    but now all getting too tactical

Some even pretending to have blown about 3 miles out
    so can get on the back of the train

Won a few including beating Skelders
    during the tour of Belgium
    now a marked man
    Now have several shadows
    including Sam

How do you get your team to have 3 lead out men
    all working to give you your rightfull platform
    After all the green jersey should not have to do any work ?

help please

James

James
    ( belgium tour final sprint winner )
  • James
    Not sure who this Cavendish imposter is
    Seems a bit of a peacock to me
    You are quite right
    everyone in the peleton should know their place
    As Lord of the Manor I certainly know mine
    And frequently wheel suck to ensure victory over the last few yards

Keep going old chap