Welcome to the forum

Saturday 5th December 9.30am club ride

edited December 2015 in Club runs
Looks like it might be a tad breezy in the morning, so as its a SW wind lets head into it first and get blown home. Well that's the theory anyway......

If we head off toward Hitchin, there are a few more hedges so should be a bit more sheltered.

Ashwell-Clifton-Shillington-Hexton-Whitwell-Baldock-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/934383111

As its universally unpopular we are bypassing the evil that is Sharpenhoe hill, although we have got Hexton hill as a small obstacle ;)

See you in the morning

Comments

• I plan to be there.
  • Enjoy - I'll be partaking in half metre long bratwursts and getting merry on gluhwein.
  • good ride, shame about the wind
  • edited December 2015

Here are my Garmin stats for the 5 miles laps it stores.

One word would describe yesterday's ride - tough. Actually make it two words, with the second one also being tough !

9 of us out to brave the worst of what winter storm Desmond could hurl at us. Went with the plan above, to try and attempt to find a morsel of shelter in the hitchin lanes. Blowy would be a bit of a understatement, don't think I've ever had to go down Langford hill in the small chainring !! Not a lot of respite from Desmond all through the ride, think it was 30 miles of headwind and a token tailwind from Whitwell to Ashwell.

So 40 miles @ 15.5 - sounds faster than it felt ! Mind you if the club ride was bad the ride home to Baldock was much, much worse. Knew I should have turned round and gone home when we started doing 22mph uphill :)

Thanks all for a challenging morning, think I might stay in bed if storm Ernie is forecast next week !