Welcome to the forum

Sunday 9am base ride

edited December 2015 in Club runs
For those of you interested, I'll be out on Sunday morning for a 4 hour zone 2. Looks like a westerly wind so heading out that way for 2 and a bit hours and then back again. Maybe over to Dunstable downs for a coffee via Sharpenhoe?

Full mudguards please, no fixed wheels, no time trial bikes and no tri bars.

Will

Comments

• Phew, Tri-Suits are still allowed!
  • Huzzah, I can still bring my unicycle....with full mudguard and shoe leather flap!
  • Anybody planning to join Will tomorrow?

I'm a possible if the winds have dropped.
  • Should be there
  • edited December 2015
    Guys - will be going out later. Got battered in the wind yesterday. Feeling tired - just want a gentle spin.
  • Nice gentle spin this morning Jeremy, shame you missed out on it. The aim of this ride is that it is a gentle spin, just a longer ride.

Adam S, Tom T, Shuan and Cam out with myself for three and a half hours of steady effort, average power 180W and NP 200 so no big surges and steady pedalling all round. Popped down to sharpenhoe via hexton. Windy but very pleasant and tidy riding!

Good flaps all around (apart from Cam. Bad flap made worse by falling off on the way to sundon).
  • Thanks guys. 50 miles for me. Emily's was busy. Around 30 Nomads and 10 North Road. It was rocking.
  • Jeremy, it was gentle spin, if you've got a FTP north of 250. I worked fairly hard (when I was on the front) but the lack of surging made it easier than our Saturday 8am.