Welcome to the forum

Regional championship at Hog Hill

edited December 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
There was no Eastern League this week as it was a Regional champs, a combination of eastern, london and south east leagues at Hog Hill. We were a bit thin on the ground with lots of regulars resting between National trophy events.

A tough course, bits of road, some dry grass, banks and lots of swamp. Lots of running again and sticky mud with plenty of manual mud clearance required for those of us without spare bikes and pit crews. Also hilly and a tricky start half way up the main hog hill "hill"

The girls were going great as was Daniel. Poor Sam broke his bike before the start and had to use Alfies unfamiliar bike to race on. For my part, i started well and had a good first 2 laps then punctured the rear. The beauty of tubs is that even totally flat and with half a lap to the pits i could still ride fairly well and changed it without too much stress. Sort of lost my way after that though and didnt really get back into it.
Not sure what happened to Mark?

All good fun

u10

10 Sam Quiggin
15 Alistair Oppen

Youth girls
3 Harley Pell
4 Sophie lewis

Youth boys u14
20 Archie Foulkes
32 Alfie Duckett

V 40
42 Tim Duckett
dnf Mark Wyer

V 50
28 Daniel Doncaster

Comments

• Well done everyone - sounds tough. Presume the gazebo did not go up?
  • Tim took the very sensible decision not to take 'the blue kite' out of the bag!

Good racing. I changed my bike perhaps a little late into the race as it had gained kilos of mud by then. Sadly my front tyre was almost flat (I must have punctured in practice) which meant sprinting for the line (the traditional Hog Hill road circuit finish) with a flat front was more of a challenge. I am proud to say I lunged for the line and got the place.

A very good edition of a Hog Hill CX race.

Well done to all taking part.