Welcome to the forum

Eccles CX

edited December 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Perfect day for a CX race at this new venue. Well new to most of us. Apparently this course was used some time ago but has not been used by the league for a few years.

Very warm and dry. The course was mainly in woodland with some very soft ground conditions which cut up as the days racing progressed. Not mud that stuck to the bike so no pit changes required for that but a few riders got pinch flats on the many roots in the woods.

CCA well represented with 19 riders. Only 2 races left and it looks like we have secured 2nd place in the team competition in the league.

Results

Juniors
Travis was a DNF not sure what happened there?

Vet 40-49
31 Timothy Duckett
37 Mark Wyer
43 Richard Lawrence

V50
16 Stuart Field
20 Peter Daniels (punctured on lap 1)
22 Daniel Doncaster

Vet Lady
1st Jackie Field (This was Jackie's 11th race and she is now confirmed a league winner)

Youth U16
3rd Noah Field

Youth U14
3rd Adam Lightfoot
4th Felix Field
8th Sam Daniels
16th Thomas Ayers

U14 Girl
1st Harley Pell
3rd Sophie Lewis

U12
1st Mark Lightfoot

U10
4 Ethan Storti
7 Alistair Oppen

U8
1st Louis Oppen U8

Comments

• Great results! Congratulations Jackie, that's awesome!
  • Harley confirmed as U14 girls league winner too.

Plus Louis Oppen 10th U10 and first U8.
  • Weirdly, i rode this course in the summer as part of a summer league and it was pretty much the same today. So different to all the mud plugging of recent rounds and no bike cleaning...hoorah.

Well done to Jackie, big respect! Also Travis had a great start, not sure what happened.
  • Many thanks to my impromptu pit crew Tim and Noah for repairing my puncture in record time and getting me back into the race super efficiently. Pesky tree roots!

Well done to Harley, Jackie an Louis.