Welcome to the forum

Return of the intermediate ride

edited January 2016 in Club runs
I'm not up to a club run yet, but still want to go out on Saturday. Does anyone want a shorter, steadier ride at 9.30?
Susan

Comments

• Hi Susan
    Yes I'm up for that.
    Adam
  • Adam, if the weather is as rubbish as forecast, I will probably not go out. Will decide in the morning and post either way.
    Susan
  • I still plan to be there, but not sure up to the club ride so will probably still do an intermediate type ride.
  • Maybe you are right, Susan.
    Looks like turbo today and ride tomorrow.
    Adam
  • It looks ok here at the moment. We're getting ready to come out!
  • Hi Adam, I so enjoyed my SOLO ride yesterday. I won all the sprints because I was ON MY OWN. Who did I complain about the weather to? No one because I was BY MYSELF. And IT WASN''T RAINING!
    Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity.
    Hope you had a good weekend's cycling too.
    See you next week? Unless the weather ...
    Susan
  • Yeh, yeh, I know sat in side waiting for the rain....
    I enjoyed mine TODAY. :-)
    Alone.
    Was passed twice in the opposite direction another CCA.
    He was probably wondering where the rest of the club ride was assuming I had been dropped as usual.
  • Saturday looks cold but bright. If anyone feels like a shorter, steadier run, then I really would like some company. No dropping or sprinty shenanigans allowed.

Adam - he has.
  • I will be there Susan
  • Hi,
    I have just joined CCAshwell (my application form is possibly still in the post!). Do club runs happen every weekend like it says on the calendar, or is it only when it is posted on the forums that they happen?
    I'm looking forward to meeting with you and joining you on rides.

Many thanks,
    Brendan
  • Hi Brendan - they happen every weekend (and every Wednesday) whether they are posted on the forum or not. If the weather is very poor - snow, ice or heavy rain/winds - then possibly no-one will turn up - but otherwise you can assume they will go ahead.
    You are welcome to join any ride, even if your application hasn't been processed yet. Just turn up and ride.
  • I'm planning on coming too, unless it's so icy that I don't feel that it's safe.
  • David has postponed the regular run, what does anyone want to do about this ride?
  • Just walked the dog and I will go out if others do.
    Take it steady on salted roads
    Reply soon as leaving home in 25 mins
  • I think that David is right to postpone! Olly and I are going out at 10am from home (Sutton) to do a loop through Baldock if anyone would like to come with us.
  • See you at your place at 10.00 Susan.

Vic
  • I'm all lycra'ed up and ready to come out
    Where is your place in Sutton, in fact where is Sutton?
    Do you come via Ashwell to Baldock.
    Text me if easier. Pm'ed number
  • VicVic
    edited January 2016
    Nice steady ride in the sun this morning with good company.
    Ice wasn't a problem on the roads we rode.
    Thanks to Olly and Susan for the route and coffee. Thanks to Adam for the danish.
  • Hey Vic, saw your new road bike over at Flamme Rouge today - very nice!
  • Mine on Tuesday, but I doubt that I'll take it out much until the roads are dry and salt free.
  • edited January 2016
    Lovely ride this morning, good fun and and thanks for the Danish's.

Adam - you are right about Primo and Passoni, had a good chat this afternoon.... and you forgot to take the Paris Roubaix details...

Cheers

Olly
  • Thanks for coming over this morning, I really enjoyed our sunny, chilly ride, the views today from Claybush Hill were astonishing. So nice to start the morning with coffee and Danish - thanks Adam.