Welcome to the forum

Club Senior Cyclo Cross Championship, 24th Jan

edited January 2016 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Attention all cx'ers....slightly short notice, but the club senior cx champs will be 24 th Jan at Trinity Park in Ipswich.

This is the last round of the Eastern league but anyone who wants to have a go at being club senior cx champion (ladies and juniors already decided) then please enter the senior race on the BC website.

Because we have riders riding in seniors, vets40 and vets 50 categories and because the seniors race is effectively open we can all enter the same race, we will all start on the back of the grid in one big blue block and race it out!

The seniors race rarely sells out so you can enter on the line if you wish.

Going to be muddy brilliant!

Comments

• edited January 2016
    I'm In - ''Genius''

Think that could be at least 6 so far
  • The course at Trinity park is posted.

• ...looks easy enough...looks nice and dry too, will probably go with file treads...
  • File treads could be right. Organiser says course is fast and dry!!!
  • An updated picture. This looks a bit better although some long straights and I cannot work out where he steps are?

• Bit of rain forecast for Sunday morning, otherwise definitely file treads. I'll be taking a whole quiver of different tyre choices!
  • But so warm we may be allowed bottle hand ups!!!!!!
  • edited January 2016
    There's so much road I might even take some slicks. The steps are just above the T of 4x4 Track. Turning left at the top which is different to the Trophy race.
  • yes see that now with the steps. Very different from trophy.
  • edited January 2016
    Results..Well done to all, great win for Mark. Hope Jackie is ok after being walloped at the hurdles

U10

3 Sam Quiggin
    7 Ethan Storti

U12
    1 Mark Lightfoot

Youth

3 Noah Field
    4 Adam Lightfoot 2u14
    14 Felix Field 5u14
    17 Harley Pell 1u14girl
    26 Sam Daniels
    34 Archie Foulkes
    40 Thomas Ayres
    42 Alfie Duckett

V50/women

20 Daniel Doncaster
    21 Jackie Field 1womenvet
    27 Pete Daniels

V40

63 Richard Lawrence

Seniors

21 Stuart Field
    26 Travis Pell 5 junior
    28 Dave Hadsley
    29 Tim Duckett
    35 Mark Wyer
    46 Daniel Doncaster
    50 Pete Daniels
    54 Richard Lawrence
  • edited January 2016
    So, we had a race off for the senior club champs and all rode in the seniors. (Travis is junior champ) Some lunatics also rode in their vets categories before the hour long senior race!
    We all started at the back and 30 seconds after the rest of the field had set off. We had a couple of laps together ish until Stuart attacked not to be seen again. A fabulous piece
    of powerful riding and worthy club champ.

For my part, i had a great race with Dave, i think we changed who was in front about 10 times but in the end he put in a great last quarter of lap and pipped me for second.
    I was also surprised how far up the field we got, i struggle to get into the 20's in the vets. Maybe a greater spread of abilities and a smaller field i guess.
    All really good fun and im sure we'll do something similar next year hopefully with a bit more notice and maybe a slightly nearer course so that more can join in.

1 Stuart Field
    2 Dave Hadsley
    3 Tim Duckett
    4 Mark Wyer
    5 Daniel Doncaster
    6 Pete Daniels
    7 Richard Lawrence
  • edited January 2016
    Great results everyone and a fair few league medals won too. We also got 2nd in the team competition.

The senior club champs was great fun. Well done to those that raced twice and very well done to Stuart. He put over 30 seconds in to us on one lap and then extended it to be a worthy club champ. Proficiat!

I too was surprised at our finishing positions in the race, especially as we started 30 seconds behind the main field. It didn't seem like we'd passed that many people but I was only really concentrating on catching Tim for 50 minutes so probably wasn't taking much else in.

Great support from everyone as usual. Thanks.
  • Well done Stuart a very clear and deserved victor.
    My v40 race was a disaster as I came off every lap. Any hope of beating Simon soon evaporated and in the end he gained 5 more points on me :(
    The champ race was much better and I actually overtook a couple of people - unfortunatly none of them were CCA.
    Thanks to Daniel for cleaning my bike between the races, and thanks everybody for the support round the course it was much appreciated!
  • Richard - I did my best to keep it close by getting a puncture on second lap that I thought I might be able to nurse to the end (but ended up having to change wheels)

I thought the CCA tussle for second place was the best race of the day; keeping each other on their toes until the very end
  • edited January 2016
    Really enjoyed that. Great team spirit and support around the course. Also blessed with great weather compared to what we have had to endure over the last 2 weekends racing.

Huge well done to Daniel Peter and Richard for racing twice. That was tough. Had thought I might do that originally but decided against.

In addition to not doing to bad in the seniors the results did allow for the 30 seconds that we started behind the main field so I expect we all may have been 1 or 2 places higher.

Some pics from the Club champ race.

• Simon, many thanks for your support out on the course yesterday, much appreciated. Hope to see you at our hardriders TT in the spring, you need to defend your win!
  • Top tip. Don't try and ride two races in one day. It makes your legs ache and makes you very tired the next day!
  • It was a real pleasure to watch you all together. Thomas and I always cheer you on in your individual races, but all of you in the same race was a bit strange!

A few more pics (apologies if they don't come through, I've not done pictures before)

Pre-race Banter

http://i.imgur.com/U6bFxzM.jpg

Hopefully a video of Pete's flying start

Dave telling us "wrong tyre choice!"

http://i.imgur.com/GpfUBIg.jpg

Dave and Tim - close racing

http://i.imgur.com/PpCyg4P.jpg

Post Race Analysis

http://i.imgur.com/XVEKDmI.jpg
  • I'll try again

Pre-race Banter

Hopefully a video of Pete's flying start

Dave telling us "wrong tyre choice!"

Dave and Tim - close racing

Post Race Analysis

• edited January 2016
    It was a big day on Sunday. I ‘had’ to ride the V50 race as I stood to wipe out a poor score from earlier in the season. This turned out to be the case and indeed I improved my best 11 race score by 7 points allowing me more move further up the table. Great. However in doing so I had spent my energy! This meant I was depleted for the club championship. Well I knew this would be the case.

As others have noted even though we were racing in the children’s race we grown ups did okay.

Many thanks to Shelton for his support in the pits; very helpful. Thanks too to all the supporters; it was great to have that.

Congratulations to the Senior CCA Cylocross Champion!
  • Well done all

• Daniel Thank you

Apologies for the Field family in the pits. I understand they handed you up 2 bikes which did not belong to you???

Jane I do have a number of old pics of said gurning but I think the beard hides all that now.

Shelton What are you doing in that last pic?
  • Very good Robert. The picture speaks a thousand words 'File treads, what was I thinking?'