Welcome to the forum

Saturday 12th Dec 8.30am - middle group ride

edited December 2009 in Club runs
Weather forecast is good. The wind is blowing the 'wrong way' - so how about a loop east to Finchingfield? A change from the Lilley Bottoms eh?
About 10 miles more than usual, 20% more climbing - but the weather looks kind.
To Chishill, past Audley End, quick mochachocachino at Finchingfield, back via Wicken Bonhunt - where we can beeline and shave off 5 miles if need be to Anstey. Otherwise 70 miles exactly.
Ideally off at 8.30am on the dot eh? Just over 4hrs @ 17mph - so back before 1pm, plus puncture tax.
From the cemetery.
http://tiny.cc/finch70

Comments

• could well be up for this... need to consult the boss
  • Sorry martin no saturday's off for me for a while so back to sunday's for me.
    Any way have a good ride.
    strappy
  • Nor me this week. Back the week after. Chris
  • Martin

is this still on?

if so, i am up for it

Phil
  • Hi Phil - good lad.
    Just laminated the map. Glorious forecast [note: Sunday forecast a bit bobbins *might tempt one or two more..*].
    There was 7 last week. It's a good xmas shopping weekend though I suppose. bah humbug.
    8.30am @ cemetery car park.
  • Will try and remember to charge my Garmin Edge and hold back on the beers.
  • edited December 2009
    4 out. Me, Robbie, Phil Keen and Sam [1st claim Cambridge CC]. Omens didn't look good - setting off the wrong way to add 5 miles on the route. Woke up thereafter and got thru the fog to Finchingfield via quite a heavy shower... BBC weather. Quick latt
  • Really good route and distance. Felt like we'd been for a proper winter bike ride. Top stuff chaps. Loved it.
  • Chaps

Thanks again Martin for leading the ride - the extra 5 miles are all good training - great route, company and coffe break - really enjoyed it.

SchoolBoy tip - open the energy bar before the ride starts!! you can always tape them up again if you dont use them! (doesn't work that well with gels however!!) - Mule Bars are my fave - also good for puncture repairs.

Phil
  • Could not think of a better way to spend a winters morning, other than in bed. There was one punture..... about 1/2 hour after I left you :( felt a bit of a plonker with two new tyers sitting in the garage! Join you again soon.
    Sam