Welcome to the forum

Saturday 16th Jan 9.30am club ride - NOW MIDDAY!

edited January 2016 in Club runs
Going to be decidedly 'fresh' tomorrow morning, so time to dig out those winter woolies

Let head in a northerly direction tomorrow, use some some of the wider roads up there. Maybe something like this, with the potential to cut it a bit shorter at Abbotsly/Grannsden if it's too arctic !

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-everton-yelling-waresly-potton-e-route-37854812

Ashwell-Everton-Yelling-Waresly-Potton-Edworth-Ashwell

See you in the morning, wrap up warm !

Comments

• (unless its been repaired in the last couple of days) the little stretch of Pitsdean Road (at 14 mile mark) immediately after the right turn is more pot hole than tarmac - take care!
  • edited January 2016
    Ok, it's going to be too icy for a 9.30 start. I'm going to go out later when it defrosts if anyone would like to join me? We will be at the Tuns at midday to do about 30 miles. If you go out this morning - keep safe.
  • Can't make this afternoon, have a good ride!
  • Going to go out mountain biking instead!
  • Hello! I aspire to be there at midday- I'm going to head up in that direction, but don't wait for me if I'm not there- I'll make a judgement as to how slippy it is en route; it's starting to thaw down here, but it can be grim up north...
  • I'm planning on being there for midday.
  • Five of us out for a lunchtime spin today. Turned out to be a cracking afternoon with some glorious sunshine and blue skies. Did a make it up as we went along sort of ride, so up Croydon hill out to Gransden then back via waresley, Sutton and Wrestlingworth.

32 miles @ 15.5 and only a tiny bit of ice in the dip outside waresley.

Only down side was my front flat just outside Ashwell. Too close to the village to fix it so went for the stop and pump up every 1/2 a mile as an option.

Thanks all for a great afternoon, and big thanks to Simon for the lift home!