Welcome to the forum

Beds Road Reliability Trials

edited January 2016 in Sportives
These rides have been mentioned on here and I pulled the following off of a recent post from Mark Gray on the BRC forum. Will try to make at least one of these.
JP

Very pleased to confirm that once again we will be hosting the first of our 2 reliability rides on Sunday 7 February 2016. This event is open to all. In the past we have had over 150 riders take part - its a challenge, but a fun one, and with great company.

What is it, basically a group ride, like a sportive, without the sign posting, but we provide a map, and gpx files, plus hopefully some riders to tackle the event with.

Hopefully you have done this before, and know what to expect and are looking forwards to coming along on the day and testing your reliability..............if you are new to this, give it a go. I hope you all have a great ride. Declare your interest here, ask any questions, and see you on the sunday. The part 2 is on the 21st, and is the 70 miler............

More info - As previously - Times: There are to be three time slots based upon your expected average speed. This is to ensure all riders return to the clubhouse for 12:30pm where soup, rolls and hot drinks will be served.

· < 15mph Depart 8:00am to 8:15am

· 15 to 18 mph Depart 8:45am to 9:00am

· > 18 mph Depart 9:15am to 9:30am

The Clubhouse will be open from 07:30 - 15:00.

Cost:
· £4 for BRCC members, £5 for non members

Can we please ask you to sign in and out when you finish so we can account for everyone.

Route / Maps / Directions:
· Start & Finish - BRCC Clubhouse Cardington.
· The route follows the traditional route for this event, ie Out to Podington and back.
· Printed maps and directions available on day.
· provisional GPX also on the BRCC Facebook and Webpages - these may differ on the day due to road works, or other things that may pop up

o 58 Mile route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3952786

o 70 Mile route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4034933

Food: Free soup, roll & hot tea / coffee on return

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Cheers Jeremy!

There are 5 up for a TTT styley approach to this so far then for the Sun 7th Feb one. 58 miles. Much like the approach taken at the London Phoenix ride: team effort, sharing the front. i.e. Let's stick Vince on the front til he blows up halfway.

Let's try for the 18mph+ option if the weather all right. 9.15am. Previously it's been great to have a bit of an en masse racelike start. All welcome.

Jeremy P
    Martin L
    Matt S
    Vince
    Daniel D
  • Tentitively in. Definitely cant do the one on the 21st.

40 minutes guaranteed, thereafter subject to potential loss of power or catastrophic failure. Please see instructions for details.

Jeremy P
    Martin L
    Matt S
    Vince
    Daniel D
    Tim D
  • edited January 2016
    if you get the taste for that sort of thing, there's a SNCC Reliability Ride on 28th Feb - see here for info
  • Tim, I'm in the same state as you. We just need to average 105 mph and we'll be round in the requisite time.
  • CX ers only good for 40 mins of effort!!
  • Daniel. Your math is wrong.
    40 minutes of CX welly only needs to average 87mph to cover 58 miles. A lot less than 105mph.
    Hopefully that reassures you n' Tim.
  • Great news!

Tim, Which tyres and 20 or 25 PSI?
  • Nice looking blue train. Looking forward to this
  • I'm up for this. Will probably ride over in the morning too if anybody fancied coming along from Letchworth? I may start a bit earlier though as I'm on a bit of a time limit that day...
  • Can't make the 7th but show me down for the 21st.
    John
  • Sounds fun - count me IN!
  • I'm up for this if there's still space and the group don't mind.
  • edited January 2016
    Jeremy P
    Martin L
    Matt S
    Vince
    Daniel D
    Tim D
    MC
    Andy R
    Pete W
    Will

Let's try and set off at 9.15am, start of the >18mph posse, and give it a go?

There's a few more details on Beds Road website if you scroll down the home page. Link.
    We can discuss the £5 entry/free soup paradox en route.

Anyone else upferit?
  • edited January 2016
    I am having a crack at this on the 7th.. was planning on doing my own thing as I think you lot would chew me up and spit me out at that pace! Does any one know where the HQ is in Cardington?

Cheers

Chris
  • Jeremy P
    Martin L
    Matt S
    Vince
    Daniel D
    Tim D
    MC
    Andy R
    Pete W
    Will
    Chris B

The clubhouse is the church hall looking building near Cardington. There'll be plenty of bikes outside - can't miss it.

https://goo.gl/maps/6F5x3Cr48to
  • i'll be there

Jeremy P
    Martin L
    Matt S
    Vince
    Daniel D
    Tim D
    MC
    Andy R
    Pete W
    Will
    Chris B
    Phil K

...anyone riding over?
  • I'll be heading over for this. See you there
  • I'm planning on being there for 9ish and heading over from Arlesey.
  • Jeremy.
    Do you fancy heading across, leaving Langford around 8.15
  • Planning to start at 8:45 & will maybe try and catch the Blue Train as it comes past - or perhaps not..
  • likewise, aiming for an early start and take it easy as not at full fitness.
    will hopefully jump on for a bit as you all fly past.
  • Pete - good idea. Let's meet by the green on the Leys.
  • Ok Phil, I'll come :-)
  • ....good lad.....you know it makes sense.....
  • Looking at that 'Team Sheet' though i think I'll be spat out the back pretty quick ! Haha
  • looks like the route has been ammended to avoid roadworks.
    new routes on the beds road site: beds road
  • Unlikely to do this now, going to head out earlier, but might see you at the start as I'm passing
  • Im aiming to be there about 8.30-8.45. As Martin says above will be aiming for a 9.15 start. The BRCC info suggests no more than 10 in a group which is very sensible so hopefully us CCA will be about a 10 group.

Would offer a lift over but im in the roofrack less fiesta with bike wedged in so cant help there, sorry.

Looks less wet tomorrow but a tad breezy. looking forward to it!
  • MC... Not sure if you need to register with Garmin Connect to access this - but here is the updated route;

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/11512925

Aiming to arrive 8.45am. See you there.
  • Here also... https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12029012 Right hand side, Export