Welcome to the forum

Motorised cross bikes

edited January 2016 in General
Has anyone else heard about these new motorised cross bikes? Sophie has been trying to get me into cross and I think I have finally found the bike I need ...
http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/01/news/uci_detains_bike_cyclocross_worlds_394233_394233

Comments

• Ha, yes all a bit of a shock. There have been rumours for a while that this might have actually been happening. Looks like it has!
  • You can get a Willier motorised cross bike already built from Holland. Bargain at 4990 euros.

Motorised Willier
  • I am staggered Willier are selling this!

Claire, you don't need a motorised bike for cyclocross, just your legs. Next training session Wednesday 19:00 at Knights Templar.
  • That does seem strange as Willier are claiming that they will be taking legal action against the riders team in a cycling weekly article.
  • Willier are not selling them, the shop in Holland is modifying them and selling them.
    I imagine that Willier are not pleased about it all, given the damage it's caused to their brand.
  • edited February 2016
    If anyone is visiting the bike show this weekend, check out the STEALTH stand. 50mph (on the flat) DH mountain bike. Generates 5200Watts. And...they're letting you test it on the track there. ;-)

There is also a lot of e-bike tech, pretty much every other stand. One company showing off their steatube-mounted motors like the above...... ^

This will honestly probably be the new disc brake debate in a few years. 'Specialized Taramc Hybrid Power' you can just see it ;)

(ps. also check out HUEZ* (clothing) stand! Incredible quality and beautifully designed. The new, yet to be released road collection is there too. I'm working on their campaign in a few weeks and am genuinely a fan and believer of who they are. It speaks for itself, when you see and feel it. Dare I say better than Rapha.)