Welcome to the forum

CX World Champs 2016 - Zolder Belgium

edited February 2016 in General
A number of us from the club hopped over to Belgium at the weekend to watch the CX World Champs in Zolder.
I can honestly say I've never enjoyed watching racing so much as this...unbelievable fun, even in the rain.

We had Tom Pidcock in the Juniors on Sat, we saw Evie Richards (sorry no photos as it was chucking it down) win the Women U23.
Adam Toupalik celebrate a lap early in the Men U23!! And an great scrap in the Men Elite race, with the lead ever changing/

Thanks for all that organised/drove etc.. fantastic weekend.

Just wanted to share a few photos - as I know some of you wouldn't seen these on the Eastern Cross facebook site..

I give up...
Click here

Comments

• Some smashing photos there Steve! You capture Lars van der Haar making the move of the weekend overtaking Van Aert on that descent. Even this picture doesn't convey how steep it is. Far too steep to walk up and slippery and rutted as well. It was an amazing move and a display of complete confidence in bike handling. Sadly for Van der Haar he didn't quite have the legs for the final running climb and Van Aert won it.

The other amazing shot you have is Mathieu van der Poel doing some sort of pirouette at the bottom of the same hill. Why didn't he fall off? Maybe this is the start of a new strain of the sport; CX Ballet.

The drizzle was a bit persistent at times, but I hardly noticed really. As Steve says it was tremendous fun and thrilling racing.
  • I enjoyed watching both the women's and men's race on Eurosport.
    Really exciting racing and great advert for the sport.
    Shame Nikki Harris faded in the womens.
    Watch out for JeremyP in the Eastern CX League in 2016/17!!
  • Some great shots there Steve. Better than mine. The corner we were on was a bit blind until the riders were nearly on us and they came past at a terrific rate it was difficult to capture.

A tiring but very enjoyable weekend.

look forward to seeing you in ELCX 2016 Jeremy.

The dates are also published for next years nationals. 2 new venues