Welcome to the forum

London Phoenix Easter Classic - March 28th 2016

edited February 2016 in Sportives
Entries now open: LINK

Comments

• Anyone else doing this great 'club run feel' sportive?
  • Oooo I might

I could do with an excuse for base miles!
  • Mmmmmmmmm......
  • Want to do this but will need to cash in some brownie points.
    Will EOL if I can make it.
  • I'm there. Sorted..... places left.
  • Great news, we're getting a good showing for this... Nathaniel, are you coming?

GPS fans should note there has been a route alteration due to roadworks. This is aparently the new route LINK (Information from the London Phoenix site).

Registration opens at 08:30. I intend to be there for then. I propose we aim for a 09:00 departure.

I seem to recall you need a handful of pound coins for the parking. (Some hints of a chip van, so bring enough money for that too!)

Daniel
  • edited March 2016
    I have booked

But the weather doesn't look promising
  • Also just booked as SQT at the velodrome on Monday ... just in case that heavy rain doesn't shift.
  • The presently forecast wind is impressive too!
  • yes being warned about the wind all the way down the M11 today on the way to velo park. Have a safe one everybody
  • Looks like Etape t'Dales 2015 weather all over again

Turbo for me
  • Looks like it all calms down from mid-afternoon tomorrow.
    Will keep my powder (and bike) dry until then.
    JP
  • The weather forecast has put me off.i am not going. Good luck to anyone who is going!
  • All the racing at Redbridge is cancelled as well. Good call looks pretty wild out
  • Not sure if this happened today, i had planned to cycle to the in-laws using some of the LPEC route but the scary morning weather made me go in the car. I decided to go the back route on a lot of the sportive route but there were lots of trees down and almost lost the car in a road that had become a river, water over the bonnet!....just got away with it.
    Didnt see any riders but hope any that did it survived!
  • edited March 2016
    The results were published yesterday LINK I count 32 finishers (and 34 starters)!

Nice adventure rally driving Tim!