Welcome to the forum

TT - The Season ahead

edited February 2016 in Time Trial
The 2016 season is fast approaching and time to plan/target your events if you haven't already done so. Open events are not just for top riders and I can advise anyone who wants to have a go which events would be suitable for them.

A full schedule of races can be found on the CTT website **here**

or anyone wishing to obtain the handbook, I will have a copy available at March Club Night - normal price £9 - special on the night price of £29 as Jackie has her picture in it on page 109. Only joking bidding starts at £3 :-)

The N&DCA series (10 events) once again offers some great racing on sporting courses locally and into the Kettering area. Last year CCA had record participation and were placed 7th in the Series Team Competition. Full list available **here** and culminates with the ever popular Brogborough event organised by CCA on 17th September.

For those keen on the faster courses offered by the ECCA a full list of events can be found **here** under their 2016 diary.

There are numerous other possibilities including I'm sure those who would like to see the scene of Carmelo's unfortunate demise last year up at Etwall and fast times to be had up near Hull and over at Tring.

The Little Mountain Time Trial (Sunday 24th April) is a must for me again as I have unfinished business following puncturing last year. 39 Miles with some brutish climbing (over 1000M) include 2 17%'ers, the second of which (half a mile long) comes after 33 miles of the event. This is a fantastic event and well worth the trip. It would be great to see a good group from the club competing. Daniel D, myself, and Jackie will definitely be there. The IC 10 the previous day could just be a nice warm-up.

Checkout this event on Beacon RC's website: Little-Mountain-TT

I will once again be targeting the N&DCA and attempting the RTTC Classic Series.
Let us know your 2016 plans if you want to share them.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Looks like you've got a fab season all planned out Mr M! Thanks again for all your advice and help getting back into TT'ing with Ashwell.

Racing plans include:
    - 8 of N&DCA events.
    - Quite few of the ECCA 10 and 25 events.
    - A select few of the VTTA events
    - All of the Interclubs, except the Hill Climb, which conflicts.
    - The Tour of Cambs Chrono

I'm really hoping to break my lifetime best 10 (set in 1996) of 22:54. And doing it all without eating refined/processed carbohydrates, or spending a tuppence on 'sports nutrition products' (sorry, had to stick that in there!).

Read all about it: https://fatbastardrides.wordpress.com/
  • I'm looking forward to attempting some open events this year after really looking forward to the mid week TTs.

I have no idea how the open ones work, but I'll need to read up on them.

Gareth
  • Will be riding the ECCA 12h on 14th August on the E2/12 course.
    Some unfinished business from my TT days with the Nomads.
    Will support the club as much as possible in the inter-clubs.
    Likely ride a 50 and 100 on the TT bike to help prepare for the 12h.
    Likely do a few evening 10s.

Any other CCA thinking of the 12h?
  • Excellent Jeremy, good luck! I 'think' I thought about it one time ... Nope, I didn't. :)