Welcome to the forum

Prudential 100 2016

edited February 2016 in Sportives
Well here we go again. Was woken by the sound of the magazines crashing through the letter box.

Could see straight away that I had not got in as the blue plastic for the commiserations mag is slightly poorer quality and you can see through without opening. Bit like mass/junk mail.

Jackie's on the other hand was different. Could not see through and it has a typed card that shows through an address window. Very posh.

Anyway will be up for a team place if any are going this year Stef

Thanks

Stuart

Comments

• No, I didn't get in either, although Jenny did for a change! I'd be up for a team place if there's any available this year please?
    Cheers,
    Dave.
  • Same here, my wife got in but I didn't. I'd be up for a team place too, if any available.
    Thanks,
    Simon
  • Blimey is it really that time of year again?!
    I didnt enter this year but i'll happily co-ordinate the team applications
    looks like it is happening, and we are guaranteed at least 1 team.
    only bit of information missing is the fairly crucial one - how do we actually enter!
    i'll contact them and find out.

post here if you want to try for a team place, first come, first served but also..
    this is a commitment - if you get a place you will have to pay the entry fee or find someone to replace you - otherwise you let the others in the team down.
    you do need to be a paid up club member
    if there are limited places and they are oversubscribed, priority will go to those that tried and failed through individual entry, and are active club members (not just joining to get a place)

so far..
    Stuart
    Dave W
    Simon D
  • From the website...

"British Cycling Club Challenge
    We are again offering British Cycling affiliated clubs the chance to apply for team entries for this 100-mile event. Team categories are all men, all women or mixed (two men and two women).

Successful teams will be informed in March 2016.

Each rider within the team will have had to pay their own entry fee (£58) and complete their own online entry form; all four riders in the team must complete and pay for their entry by April 2016 or the team will lose its place.

There are places for 400 teams in the British Cycling Club Challenge.

Every club that had a team riding in the 2015 event and applies for 2016 is guaranteed a minimum of one team in the 2016 event.

Please note:

A team comprises four riders.
    Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member.
    Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women.
    Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
    Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the British Cycling Club Challenge."
  • hi Stef, please add me to the team list. I failed in the ballot this year. Thanks. Dan.
  • edited February 2016
    I finally got a place in the main ballot but will defer till next year as on family holiday.
  • Hi all, commiserations pack for me as well - nice jersey though. Can you put me on the list please? Cheers, Mike.
  • Team applications open on Monday 29 February and close at 17:00 on Monday 14 March.

Successful teams will be informed by Monday 21 March.

I'll enter during the 2nd week of March - post here if you want a place - see comments above

so far..
    Stuart
    Dave W
    Simon D
    DanH
    MikeA
  • Just bringing this back to the top
    So far we have 1 team of 4 (Stuart, Dave W, Simon D, Dan H) and then MikeA looking to start a second team

Any other takes to make up a second team of 4?

Will put our entry in next week.
  • I've entered 2 teams, we should be guaranteed one at least as we had a team last year.
    NB - Mike A - if we do get a second team you'll need to find 3 others to complete the team - it has to have 4 paid up entries otherwise the team will lapse.

we should hear by march 21st. entries need to be made by 8th april.
  • Thanks for sorting this Stef
  • Yes, thanks Stef
  • hi, we were successful with both teams - so guaranteed places available if anyone else interested.

will put up details of how to enter at the weekend, deadline is 27th april so plenty of time
  • ok team 1 -
    Stuart
    Dave W
    Simon D
    DanH

it's a different entry system to last year. i dont want to put details on here as then anyone can access your entry/email addresses etc. i've emailed it to stuart.
    dave /simon / dan - if you email me at stef@ccashwell.com i'll send you details too.

entry has to be completed by 17:00 27th april.

team 2 - at the moment that's just you mike a !

if you can find others to join you then you can form a team. if anyone is interetested post here.
    alternatively you could wait in case someone drops out of team 1 and join them.
    also, i think it may be that you can just enter as rider 1 in team 2 and you will get your entry, but obviously there will be no team - i'm not 100 percent sure about this but it looks to be the case. you could always call them up and check if you really want to ride.
    again email me as above and i'll send you details.
  • All done and paid. Not too tricky to do. Sort of a 2 part entry system. I think you are correct about team 2 not having a full compliment.
  • Well negotiated Stuart - RideLondon have sent me 3 subsequent emails trying to explain the system as noone can get it working!

Dave/Dan - ignore my previous emails, I have now entered you in the team which should mean you each get an email allowing you to pay for and complete your entries

simon d / mike A - still waiting to hear from you
  • Thanks Stef, I've just signed up & paid. Dan.
  • Thanks Stef, I'm all signed-up & paid too now, Simon.
  • Hi Stef, sorry about the silence - I just plain forgot about it.

I'm happy to drop out as the only member of team 2. On today's ride, Royston Bob mentioned that the Royston Club team were looking for two more members so I've kind of been co-opted onto that team.

Mike
  • edited August 2016
    Jackie and I completed this this morning along with I think 8 other CCA riders. We rode together and only saw Dan and Dave along the way. We had a great ride beating our PB on this cct by over 20 minutes averaging nearly 22 mph. It seemed fast and furious from the off. We were lucky as although we were not in the same wave we were only 3 minutes apart so it was very easy to meet up. The pen system did not seem to bother some other riders who blatantly swapped and pushed forward. Some got stroppy with the stewards when challenged. Another good thing was the early start. at 6.14. This meant we were with generally faster riders. Unfortunately not always competent though. At times it was like being in a massive 4th Cat race.
    On the whole a great ride. Saw lots of people punctured especially in the early miles and 1 guy broke his saddle at mile 82 so had too honk in. I understand it was also delayed by a serious accident at some point. Felt sorry for riders heading out at Kingston area as we returned as they were just stuck in a log jam of riders.
    Have enjoyed doing these but will give it a miss for a while now. Find the sign on a bit of a faff and it has always been stressful getting to the start. Could not believe the road closure due to road works at 3o/c this morning which cost us the 30 minute contingency that we built into the travel down time.

These are all the results I could find on the web site

Ms Andrews, Jennifer 4:45:56
    Mr Daniels, Peter 6:36:07
    Mr Davies, Simon 5:24:49
    Mr Field, Stuart 4:33:49
    Mrs Field Jackie 4.33.49
    Mr Hall, Daniel 4:38:40 Mr Nicol, Craig 4:56:40
    Mr Pritchard, Michael 4:57:03
    Dr Roberts, Alastair 4.17
    Mr Wells, Dave 4:28:49
  • Ride London proved yet again to be a fantastic day (long!) day out. I had the relatively leisurely start time of 7am, and as we stayed with Dave's brother a 5min cycle from the start there was none of the traumatically early starts others had. After the first couple of miles I got in a good group and we motored for 40-odd miles at a very nice 23mph. It all broke apart once the hills started, but it's nice to know Leith Hill is getting less difficult each time I do it. Saw Taff and Gavin somewhere after Leith Hill, but they were the only other CCA-ers I saw until the end. I was really impressed with the riding I saw - lots of experienced club riders, and the slower riders generally stayed nicely left. Sorry to hear again there was a big incident.
    After a lazy afternoon in the sunshine we watched the pros steam past, and even got a few high fives as they came back down the mall.
    All in all a brilliant day out, and a feeling of success in the Wells-Andrews household for having well beaten last year's times!
  • Ditto. At 6.15, this was my earliest start so far, and the difference in the improved quality of riding was noticeable compared to the later starts - yes, often felt like the chaos of a Cat 4 race, but I didn't see any truly terrible riding this year. The usual happy scenes of guys on new £8000 Madones and Venges pretty much giving up and having to push up Box Hill, whilst being beasted by others on £200 Halfords bikes...
    I probably (as usual) overdid it coming out of London, with an average speed of a touch under 25mph for the first 30 miles, so was starting to tire by the time we got to Surrey. Little scare when my back wheel locked up unexpectedly round a sharp bumpy corner to find that my QR had failed and the wheel popped out of the drop-out, which cost me a couple of minutes made me ride a little more gingerly on the descents...
    As always, a great day out despite the faff of the logistics, made even better by comfortable weather and a free massage courtesy of Skoda at the end...
  • Also an enjoyable day for me, although a 6.15 start was a tad early. I didn't find a group going at my pace, so had to hop on and off a few trains and cycled quite a bit on my own. Pleased with an average of over 20mph until Leith Hill, but it slowed a bit to just over 19mph by the end. I had to stop a few times (taking on & gettig ride of fluids) but the early start this year meant no queues. I did see some bad cycling, with faster riders getting frustrated and weaving through much slower groups. Easy to see how accidents happen and I saw a couple occur, fortunately not too serious. Mike must have passed me during a pit drinks stop as I was looking out for the blue blur of a club shirt going by. Weather was great again and I was after than last year, so maybe next year....
  • Yes a great day. I completely agree an earlier start is a good idea. My 8.00 am start may have been more civilised but it meant I was caught up with less experienced riders not appreciating the need to stay left/ don't block the road/ look behind before weaving across the road etc. I lost 1hour 13mins in the accident at mile 38 and a few log jam delays elsewhere. That said my riding time was 10 mins less than last year and I hadn't trained as much this year - so happy with that. We stayed in a hotel near Excel and that made a lot of sense as it was close enough to the start and easy to get back to the car at the end. i'll put my name down for next year's ballot and see what happens.
  • The Rankings are out, courtesy of the generous, clever people at Speakthinkblog - more than happy with Jenny's 100th woman and my 1006th man...