Welcome to the forum

Wanted: Old Cycling Clothing for Charity

edited February 2016 in General
Hi,

I have a mate who is working over in Kenya at the moment and has been getting involved in the local charity cycle club. The guys/girls in the club are currently riding in non specific clothing (also recieved through a charity) and are in dire need of cycle clothing to continue their work. If anybody has any old cycling kit that they are willing to donate it would be much appreciated. Things like jerseys and bib shorts in any condition would be great. My friend will personally hand deliver the clothing avoiding any government charges or corruption that is rife out there.

I will be at club night on Tue 1 Mar 16 if anybody can help out. Maybe a few pieces of old Ashwell kit would be nice to see out there?

Thanks,

Luke

Comments

• Hi Luke,

Adults, Kids or both?

Cheers
    Scott.
  • Both adults and kids please. There is a youth and adult part to the charity.

Thanks
  • I'll sort some out and hopefully someone at club dinner can get these to you Luke.
  • Will do my best to make club night and have a fair bit of kit that i dont need.
  • Hi Luke

just kit or helmets as well? I appreciate they take up more space but have a couple that have only a few rides out

Stuart
  • Thanks all, that's great stuff. Stuart, I think they are okay for helmets at the moment.

Great stuff.
  • Luke

I have some jerseys, shorts and gloves but won't be able to make club night - any other way of getting it to you?

Rgds

Andrew
  • Andrew,
    I can collect from yours at a convenient time. Just let me know a good time.

Daniel
  • Thanks Daniel

Will be around all evenings this week (apart from Saturday - (doh - will take the kit up to the Tuns on Saturday night)

Regards

Andrew
  • Hi Luke,

I can't make club night, any other way I can get them to you? Happy to deliver to your house if easier? Just whisper me your address.

Cheers
    Scott.
  • Luke some of the welwyn members have gathered together some kit for you
    I can bring two large bags on Tuesday .
    There may also be some small sized shoes if these were of interest

Alison
  • Thanks all so much for your help. See you tonight or on Tue.

Storts - I'll whisper my address or if you can get them to anyone else that could work well.
  • edited February 2016
    Are you seeing Mitchy before you need to give them to your friend as I see him every week?

Cheers
    Scott.
  • Luke, do you still want the kit I have?

Cheers
    Scott.