Welcome to the forum

SNOWBOUND? TRY RUNNING...

edited December 2009 in General
It's quite easy really... its like walking but a bit faster and you can do it in snow blizzards.

Comments

• hahahaha....loopy Robbie
  • Or riding off-road - can be great fun in the snow.

'Cross is still on tomorrow - it takes more than a bit of cold weather to stop us proper athletes!
  • just done a sesion of cross training with Andrew Skeen....coach for fitness training and development...lives in 37b silver street...club member....will do again tomorrow.....
    I AM SAMPLING THESE ROUTINES PRIOR TO HIS OFFERING THEM TO THE CLUB..ADULT AND YOUTH ALIKE.

these sessions are being planned as a circuit routine one night per week....the venue yet to be agreed..the night will be Tuesday....the time is proposed at present from 7.00pm to 8.30pm.

Max has very kindly and generously offered a room in his property which would lend itself to roller training ..... discussing tactics for races..viewing training films and videos to learn racing technique....demonstrations on mechanical maintainance.....BUT it doesn't really lend itself to circuit training, and in fairness to Max, would not really be suitable. A gym would be preferable as it would also have all the basic kit we need. I am going to approach Ashwell school and see if they would be able to accomodate the club.

The purpose of these sessions is to begin melding the youth and adult sections so that when the youth riders are ready to step up to the main club rides they and we will not be strangers but riding colleagues. I hope the club likes this idea and those inclined to some evening training will support these efforts.

I had hoped to start them this Tuesday 22nd and the 29th DEC. as starter sessions ready for the full programme on 5th January. Please watch this space for updates.