Welcome to the forum

Last Sunday 13th and THIS WEEK

edited December 2009 in Club runs
expected to see comments on last weeks rides....did a 32 mile fixie with the club ride but turned off with Richard and Rebecca M. and Andrew Skeen as we were on a different ride to the main club........congratulations to Rebecca for a really good ride, I don't know about the rest of yoiu on that ride, but I was very impressed. Andrew is getting his cycling legs back after a 3 year break...not a roadie like us, but a sprint track cyclist.

I won't be riding this week as the weather is against safe cycling. good luck to our off-roaders.

did a 53 mile loop while in durham this week....three major climbs of 17% with a half mile section on each of 20%.one climb is 11 miles and 400 metres...1500 metres of climbing in all....it rained, was freezing and that was the best day.

how was your week.........

Comments

• Sunday 13th went well
    ended up 38ish miles and 16ish mph
    everyone back at the end together
    Steff and a few others wound up the last mile or so
    Steff sat up at the top of the final hill in sight of the line ?
    could not resist......
    well had to live up to the trophy !
    Good club run

tomorrow does not look safe
    ( George giving me grief )
    will have to bail :-(

Has it really come to facing a turbo
    Its a blue , blue christmas

James
  • To all
    Sorry but i cannot ride for a couple of weeks the better half was shopping down welwyn g.c. today slipped on ice fell and
    broke her arm,guess who's on cooking cleaning and general house keeping duties,lucky me the weather looks rubbish any way.
    See you all after xmas have good one
    all the best
    strappy.
  • that's such bad luck Strappy.........hope she mends quickly...have a very happy Christmas, break or no.....
  • re 13th ride and sprint, cant ride my bike so might as well rise to the bait...

your choice james, either a) with bobs words to another rider "its a club run mate, not a race" still ringing in my ears i didnt have the heart to take it to the line, or b) half way through the sprint i suddenly remembered how good the christmas dinner had been, knew you'd be on my shoulder and thought i'd gift you the sprint as a way of saying thanks...

went skiing at harlton yesterday rather than face the turbo. looks like its raining now so maybe the roads will be ok by wednesday...