Welcome to the forum

Mud Sweat and Gears Round 1

edited March 2016 in Cyclocross/Offroad
With a busy weekend of racing on the tarmac, elsewhere the mud lovers had a chance to relive the fun of the cyclocross season at the first round of the Mud Sweat and Gears MTB racing.

This was a new venue which had seen a lot of rain over the few days running up to the event rendering the course very muddy. Several sections were completely unrideable and the mud which was accumulating on the bikes was adding at least 5kg in weight. Lots of new faces and some people doing their first MTB races. Congratulations to Harley and Travis who both won their categories, with Shelton bagging a top 20 to complete a great day for the Pells. Pete managed to finish in the top third in his first MTB race and Sam was just outside the top ten also in his first race. As with a lot of riders Thomas had to spend a considerable amount of time clearing mud on his last lap just to get his bike going but still managed a respectable 23rd in his first race.

With several categories all racing in the same race it's hard to tell how well you're going at times so I was surprised to find I'd finished 8th. Definitely a power course which suited me so I imagine my results will go south pretty quick as soon as it gets faster and more technical.

The event is very well run and I recommend anyone with a MTB giving it a go.

Junior Male

Travis Pell 1st

Juvenile Female

Harley Pell 1st

Juvenile Male

Sam Daniels 11th
Thomas Ayers 23rd

Open Male

David Hadsley 8th
Shelton Pell 17th
Pete Daniels 21st

Under 12