Welcome to the forum

Saturday 12th March 9.30am club ride - North, South, East or West??

edited March 2016 in General
Spring might have finally sprung & looks like a great day for a bike ride tomorrow.

Not a lot of breeze forecast, so we have a choice of any point of the compass to aim at.

Anybody got a favorite route from our Saturday classics that we should do tomorrow?

Comments

• Hi David,
    Happy to plot a route next week as I can't make this week (again!)
    Chapel Hill, new Hardwick extension, Bourn etc

Hopefully see you Sunday (but I'm not riding!)
    Cheers
    Peter
  • East.. but I am biased, or
    North east, not quite so biased....
  • Plan to be there - no preference in terms of direction!
  • edited March 2016
    Ok just one suggestion so far for east/north east so let's head north for a change and do the Yelling route:

Yelling flat'n'fast classic

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-everton-yelling-waresly-potton-e-route-37854812

Ashwell-Everton-Yelling-Waresly-Potton-Edworth-Ashwell

But def not going down Northfields......
  • & surely Pete you have to do the hard riders so you can regale us with more tales of suffering & man against the elements ;)
  • Not sure that the elements are going to be "right"
    Unfortunately footy has been brought forward so can't make it at all
    Looking forward to hearing all about it from you and Emma!
  • 10 of us out this morning for what indeed turned out to be a 'flat & fast classic'.

Pace was brisk from the start & didn't really slow the whole way round. Think it must have been the either hint of spring in the air or Nathan's rapid pacesetting !

Got back to Guilden earlier than expected, so tacked on the station road loop before a winterised sprint back down station road.

So 43 miles @ a shade over 17. Thanks chaps (no ladies today) for a great (if slightly exhausting) morning. Looking forward to Pete's mystery tour next week......