Welcome to the forum

Saturday 19th March 9.30am club ride

edited March 2016 in General
Guest navigator for tomorrow's spin - PeteT is doing some sort of mystery tour!

See you in the morning, hope my legs still work after today's 75 mile spin to the blue egg and back :)

Comments

• Not too much of a mystery tour

Chapel Hill, Barton, Hardwick, Bourn, Gamlingay, Hinxworth

Come summer we've got the Cottenham, Swavesy, Over extension to the route.

Hoping for more sunshine compared to today.
  • Sounds good...does that mean we're allowed summer bikes?
  • Steady !!!!
  • Hi all, thanks for today's ride, it seemed to break me not even two thirds in.

Thanks for waiting and Steve for the encouragement trying to get me back. I didn't have very much left after that effort trying to get back into the group and was only going to keep holding you all up.

I thought about swinging by the Three Tuns on the way back but figured you'd be long gone by the time I limped in. It's probably bad etiquette that I didn't at least try just so as you knew I was safe? Let me know. If I ever find myself in the same position again I'll make sure I do the right thing.

Thanks again though, there was a lot of it I enjoyed. Now for a rest :)

Finlay
  • Fin, no problem.
    Sorry that you were struggling at bit but Steve said you'd roll back in from Potton at your own speed.

Good group out today. Thanks for a great ride.

43.2 miles @ 16.9 mph

Sprint contested (?) between Tim and Jenny, but don't know who won. Our new sprinter (aka Dave J) made a bid but then the Blue Egg caught up with him!
    Maybe next week when he's on the new summer bike?

Cheers
    Peter
  • Great route today and excellent navigation. Thanks Peter.

Also, probably the first (and maybe only) time that my name and sprint has been used in the same sentence :)

Def going to follow Fin's lead now & have a relax with the rugger. Blue egg & club ride legs need resting !
  • Thanks for the mystery tour Pete - looking forward to the summer extension. The blue egg the day before kept me any sprint involvement but the rugger was a good tonic and I was back on form today :-)
    See you all next week