Welcome to the forum

Milton Keynes Bowl Round 3

edited March 2016 in Road Racing
Good turn out from Ashwell across the youth races today at Milton Keynes.

I did see an Ashwell jersey in the Cat 123 finish in the bunch as we arrived. Not sure who it was though?

Noah was pleased with his ride in the U16 and stayed with the pack for the whole race and enjoyed a short spell on the front.

Sophie and Harley looked to be riding well and finished in the bunch.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the rest of the races as we had to leave to take Felix to A&E. He came off after a rider fell in front of him and has broken his wrist. Adam looked to be going well though.

Cannot fault the care at Addenbrookes. Just about 1hr30 to be seen X-rayed and leave in a plaster with a follow up booked for the fracture clinic.

Comments

• Get well soon Felix.
  • Sorry to hear this Felix. Hope you mend soon!
  • Oh no. bad luck Felix. mend soon.
  • Hope you're back in action soon.
  • It was me in the bunch!! Attacked a little early on last lap - but enjoyed it.
  • Just read that Felix got injured - get well soon.
  • edited March 2016
    Gabriel 10th in the under-8 race. Enjoyed it. The event quite serious in atmosphere, in a good way, at this Series.

A bit of a call out: if you've got young-young kids, it'd be good to start the CCA Next Generation going a bit. Get in touch - whisper or email. It's never too early and there's loads of stuff going on.

null

There's one more left in this Series. Saturday.

Get well soon, Felix.

Martin
  • Milton Keynes also run a midweek series on Wednesday evenings. It runs for 10 weeks starting April 13th with BC racing for U10-U16 and Go-Ride racing for U8s and U6s or any U10/12 who don't feel confident enough to enter the main race.

This is a lot more low key than the Saturday series, well at least it was the last couple of years.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/142922/Team-Milton-Keynes-Midweek-Youth-Racing-2016:-Race-1

Hope the wrist heals quickly.