Welcome to the forum

Early bird

edited April 2016 in Club runs
Planning to get out and do an early bird ride tomorrow. Either road or cross bike. If any takers first person decides. Could do half the g ride (4hours) or shorter cross ride or the st Ives 50 on the road.
Planning to leave 7am or 7.30 from guilden morden Edward pub. Confirm if any interest otherwise will go on my own.

Comments

• Ha. No takers for this ride. Me included. Rode 50miles starting out with the 9am ride. At Buntingford I made my fair wells and headed on up to Anstey, where I fixed my miss firing front changer. Then continued on a more pacy ride ready for cross ride next week in Knaresborough. Brent Pelham, Great Hormead, Hare Street and then on to Brauging where I teamed up with two lads from Luton cc based in Hitchin and riding at an even faster lick. They were seriously good riders unlike me. We shot out through Old Hall Green and into Dane End where we reconnected with the 9am group. Then it was oxygen debt up out of Dane End passed Bennington where I said my goodbyes and headed home via Walkern managing 51 miles at 18.1mph average. The pace after the first hour was fast so all in all a good work out and worked hard on the hills ready for my pasting up north next week. Thanks to all on the 9.am ride for motivating me to ride today.
    Will be more organised planning an early bird next time.