Welcome to the forum

Club 10 Weekly TT's - 2016 - starting Wednesday 20th April. Sign-on from 6:15, 7pm start

edited April 2016 in Time Trial

CC Ashwell Wednesday evening 10 series

A great way of testing your fitness and tracking progress throughout the season, our evening series is open to all not just those with disc or deep-section wheels, skin-suits and pointy hats.
Commencing Wednesday 20th April and running through to 31st August (20 weeks).
New for this season we will be using Guilden Morden Village Hall as HQ with the opportunity for some refreshments and a social focal point. Also:

New course
Following due consideration a new 10 mile time trial course has been risk assessed and approved for our weekly club 10s. This is based on the open course F14/12 (used for club and interclub 25) but rather than going to the A1198 and Arrington roundabout it uses the cut through up to the B1042 near Croydon.
Course description
START GR264465, on the Wrestlingworth-Guilden Morden road approx 600yds south of Wrestlingworth cross roads at track entrance.
Proceed south to Guilden Morden where:-
Left onto New Road and continue through Shingay and before Wendy :-
Left onto unclassified road, then:-
Left onto B1042 and proceed to Wrestlingworth cross roads, where:-
Left onto Wrestlingworth-Guilden Morden road and proceed past start to:-
FINISH GR265461 opposite entrance to Common Farm.

Course map

The turn onto the B1042 will be a slow corner, visibility to the right is excellent but it is blind to the left. Our risk assessment requires a marshal at this location.
Running these events will now need 2 time-keepers, 1 pusher, and 1 marshal. Please sign up on the doodle of helpers:

Club 10 helpers

Please remember it is beholden on those who take part to do their bit to ensure that we have enough helpers to enable these weekly races to go ahead. To this end, people who miss a ride in order to help will be awarded their average Northfield handicap points (to a maximum of two times).
Trophies on offer (CCA first-claim members only) are as follows:

Male, Female, Junior, Vets on standard (using VTTA standard times for 10 miles) - anyone born in 1971 or earlier is eligible (Best 4 times to count)

plus

The Northfield Handicap

Points-based competition (sliding scale of points for each race, winner on the night gets a free entry the following week).
• points for each race are determined by how well you do compared to your PB, matched against how everyone else compares to their PB.
Last year's winner was Felix Field with 95 points, scoring in 10 races from16 in the series.

£4 (CCA), £3 (Junior), £5 (non CCA)
Looking forward to seeing you all on 20th.

Comments

• I'll push off all season. I'll still ride each week as the last person. If this is ok?
    Rob
  • edited April 2016
    I'll be able to pitch in from mid-June (I won't be riding the club 10s this year).

Thanks for organising James!
  • James I will be there this Wednesday to try my first TT. What time do you want me there to bring, and setup? the signage? Richard.
  • Hi Richard, glad you are doing your first 10! we were talking about the signs last night. Can you drop all the signs at my house before Wednesday and then ill bring what we need on Wednesday .Let me know if you dont know where i am and ill whisper you the address.
  • I will help out when I can this year. I can only commit a few days ahead, which could actually be useful I guess?
  • That's great Nat, whispered you.
  • edited April 2016
    Hello Testers.

The HQ for the entire summer of Club 10s is Guilden Morden Village Hall. Address link here.

We are hiring it every Wednesday evening. 6.30pm-8.30pm. Note: we can't use it Weds 25th May. We'll have to congregate outside - like we used to during the concrete pad years.

Feel free to get changed inside. We haven't hired the changing room/shower - but can use the WCs to change.

We have full use of the kitchen and there'll be a Club tea and coffee box. Donations welcome. 10p a cup.

Please: do not wear cleats inside the hall. The village hall have made a special point of mentioning this to us. So remember to kick off yer cycling shoes and point this out to others who forget or don't know.

Parking: the space in front of the iron gates and the side of the pub is public parking. Feel free to use. The space after the iron gates in Parish Council property. It should be fine to use, and I've asked for permission. Be courteous and careful if parking on nearby streets - and stay away from the T-junction opposite the pub.

The Edward VII pub is open. Maybe now and then grab a beverage there and do our bit for goodwill to the local community.

Bringing along bored kids? The playground on Guilden Morden rec is ridiculously good for the size of the village and will keep kids entertained for 30 minutes. Also note the grass is great for grass track practice and there are even some bike humps and bumps at the far end to noodle about on.
  • I've signed up to help the first few weeks whilst I'm recovering then hope to take part for the rest of the summer.

I assume we need to be at HQ for 6.30?

Gareth
  • 6.30 great Gareth
  • Hope you all have a great time (and get great times) on the new course. If you'd like to go more quickly, please buy my Profile Design Carbon Stryke aero bars off me! I bought them in August 2014, they've been on my bike once, they're as new. Sensible offers please. If you want a picture, whisper your email address to me.
    Thanks,
    Susan
  • Hello, I'll be there tomorrow for my first TT! Jenny inspired me, so I'm going to have a go. I don't finish my shift until 6, I'll be there for 6.30 at the latest is that ok?
  • Yes Lillie that's no problem.
  • There to watch Lil. Happy to marshal if required.
  • I was down to help next week (25th May) but can't make it now.
  • I'll take your place Pete.
  • My feet still hurt from Velothon Wales on the weekend, so I'll help with the marshaling this week
  • Thanks David and Tom, see you later.
  • Remember folks: it's old-skool tonight. No village hall available, so it'll be all arranged out of the back of car.

Or... why not take it into the pub before/after? After all, it's a certain JMac shaped birthday today I believe...

Cheers
  • Yes. I'm buying. - that's if you get round and I'm not telling where I've laid the tacks :-)